Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Ouch!!!!! Had a slip:(

HeidiLynnMHHeidiLynnM Posts: 445
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Lower Back Pain
Hi everyone :H :H .

Just wanted to share what happened to me yesterday :O .
I went to get into my husbands truck, and I guess it was glare ice on his side boards. I went to step on it, and flew side ways hanging off the side of the truck :T .

I had one hand on the steering wheel, and the other hanging. I even managed to hit the emergency brake with my right foot. I was stretched that far!!!!! I am very short (5'2), and always have a hard time getting in that darn truck :> .

Anyway, I really hurt a lot today. I swear that I must have ruptured my disk some more!!! My back is killing me. I have a appt. with a neurosergon tomorrow. I asked hubby if I should tell him that I had this fall, and he said no. He said it wouldn't look good for work comp?! :? .

Anyway, I will always be careful whenever I go to get into that truck!!!! Also, watch for the ice all over 8} 8} .
advertisement

Comments

• I hate to disagree with your husband but I personally think that honesty is best when it comes to your health. Are the meds that you are on going to touch this new increased pain?
    I hope that you feel better quickly. Regardless of whether you chose to tell your doctor or not tomorrow remember to make sure that he listens to your and answers all of your questions. Remember that you are paying him for a service.

One Love,

Stephanie
  • Man, you must have luck like mine! Sounds exactly like something that would happen to me. I would very rarely advocate dishonesty but, your husband may have a point. Most W/C is so crooked and if you give them any little opportunity they will blame your health issues on anything that will take the liability off of them.
  • I will think long, and hard about the work comp thing. I am again nervous to go see another neurosergon. I really do hope that he helps me, or at least gives me some answers :? .

I am taking my meds that are strong enough to help this Stephanie. I just hate to take them! They make me feel drunk and tired. I will let you guys know how tomorrow goes:)
  • I, too, took a good slip on the ice a couple of weeks ago and it pulled my SI joints all out of whack. I'm not dealing with Workers' Comp and have been able to manage it with physio, so maybe you'll be lucky enough to get through it with a few appointments.

Keep us posted.

Tracy
  • Well I do some stuff with HR and I don't understand why your husband would say that you would be looking for workers comp? Where you at work or do you use your husbands truck for work?? I have fallen at work but it has and will not go againest the company due to the fact that I did not get hurt at work. With everything that is going wrong with me I trip or fall sometimes. My doctor has me call the office soo they can keep track of how I'm doing. Hope this helps and you feel btter soon.
  • Hi Heidi,

I was wondering how you made out with your appt today. Is your back feeling better?
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.