Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Started at gym

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
As many of you know I have been agruing with workers comp to get to the gym as my surgeon and physio had prescribed.
Well i finally started there the other day <:P <:P and am so happy.
I feel like I am doing something to help me heal rather then just waiting for it to happen.
I see the exercise physoiologist once a week at the gym and can go as often as I want to to do my work out so aim for 5-6 days a week.
OK the workout is pretty basic- treadmill, exercises based on core work and stretches but I know these will be increased each week or as needed.
So I'm finally doing the happy dance here!

Thanks to everyone that encouraged me not to give up.

Blessings Sara O:)
advertisement

Comments

• I am so glad that you are able to start this now. I can't wait either. :P

One Love,

Stephanie
  • Sara, that is so great that the gym is working out for you! Please keep us updated on the exercises you are doing and how they work for you.

We need a happy dance smiley! =)) I like this one in the meantime...

Hugs,

Haylie =)) =)) =))
  • It's a great feeling to be going to the gym or physiotherapy - you start to feel that finally you are making good progress and personally doing something very real to help the recovery along. I loved going to physio therapy, even if I hurt a bit afterwards - after all it was 'good pain' lol. Mind you, after the first few sessions there was not pain afterwards - just the feeling of positive steps being made.
    Keep positive!

Bruce

...an old timer here and ex-moderator

• I am so happy for you! :D :D Your perseverence finally paid off!! Yay!!!

Now, be careful that you don't OVERDO anything!!
advertisement