Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Just wanted to say hi,

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Spinal Stenosis
Hi I am brand spanking new to this site. I am quite uneducated when it comes to what exactly ails me which is spondylolisthesis which I can now at least spell if not pronounce with accuracy. The pain of this condition has gotten so bad the only time I have any relief of the pain is when I am laying flat on my back. I haven't been able to work since november 14th and I have been at home unless I am going to the doctor's office or physical therapy. I am so fortunate that I have a wonderful supporting family and friends that help me and keep my spirits up. The lexapro is a big help too.

I have severe pain when I sit,stand,or walk. The pain just begins to crawl down my legs sometimes it chooses sides and goes to one side or the other. All the symptoms listed are what I endure. My doctor says surgery is the only option but I would have to lose a lot of weight first. I have so many issues with that I'll save it for another time. I just hate how the pain stops me from doing the most simple of things. I want to make dinner for my family and can't. I can't shop for myself, I can't do my own laundry, the list goes on. I keep hoping it will go away, because I've had episodes before but this time it isn't going away. I guess I don't have a topic, but just wanted to say hi and glad I am not alone although I wish I were, I hate that anyone else is in pain too.
advertisement

Comments

• im a spondy too, know the pain that it can give you. luckily i am still able to work albeit in pain everyday. im on my third lot of physio this year, in the new year hoping to finally get an mri and then we will be talking of surgery, which i personally dont want but hoping i can be referred to pain management instead. hope to hear from you again