Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Strange Symptoms-NEWBIE

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi everyone!

I won't quote my entire MRI impression of my cervical spine but I will say this: From C4-C7 I have severe spinal stenosis and DDD. The problem is, I can't find where my condtion meets my symptoms, so I thought I'd ask y'all.

Here goes: All left sided: ear pain, tinnitus, headache with tingling from top of head into the temple and sometimes prickly sensations on left side of face and jaw, radiates down left side of neck, into shoulder and arm, balance problems and infrequently, room spinning.

I've been referred to a neurosurgeon on Jan. 6th.

Have ANY of you heard of or had any of these symptoms?

I feel crazy and alone. :/ :''(

Thank you,
Jackie
advertisement

Comments

• Sorry, I've not had any of these problems, but I'm sure someone will be here shortly that has at least a few of them. Welcome to SH...you will find we are here for each other with support and information. You might look in the Neck Surgery forum for more info.
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i do not have your specific problems but we do have pain in common. ~X( i hope you are feeling better soon. have a look around and make yourself at home. :) good luck with your pain future! Jenny :)
  • Does anyone know if the C5-C7 vertebrae with severe stenosis and severe foraminal narrowing can cause unilateral tinnitus, burning, tingling sensations from top of head down to neck and arm and balance issues?

Thanks,
    Jackie
  • I am not sure about your symptoms but I know that you are not crazy and now you are not alone. The dizziness and room spinning interests me because I also suffer from this on occasion. I was tested about 5 years ago for menieres (sp?) disease and it came up negative. I have only received treatment for my lumbar spine but have been told by many docs that the issues in my neck are pretty severe. I never really thought about it being the cause of my dizziness until I saw somebody else say that this is a symptom of cervical spine issues. Good luck and please keep us posted.
  • That was a great website! Thanks! The only thing it could not answer for me is to which vertebrae instigate which symptoms. i.e., my c1-c3 are normal and from what I've read, (be careful what you read), I shouldn't be having headaches, vertigo, ear pain, headaches. My problems are with c5-c7 severe stenosis and foraminal narrowing, osteophytes, flattening of the cervical cord, and of course shoulder, arm, pinky and ring finger numbness, whole hand numbness, all the usual symptoms for c5-c6-c7 which I've had for 20 years! My major concerns are these head, tinnitus and ear pain which started 3-1/2 months ago.

So frustrating! Is there a doctor in the house? :W

Thanks,
    Jackie
  • Further testing will probably be done by your Neurologist. I can't really say what you have. Because I'm not a Dr. and we can't give medical advice this is a support group. My friend had a sinus infection that turned into labrynithitis and that caused dizziness. I hope someone else with your symptoms comes along to share. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Hi everyone! :H

Do any of you regret your surgeries? Did any of you have post complications?

How long were your recovery times?

Thanks,
    Jackie
  • I just want to let you know that I do NOT regret my surgery and glad I had it done. The pain, etc., is different now but nothing that won't go away later. Before the surgery, I had almost lost use of my left arm completely, had constant pins and needles in my right arm and muscle spasms in my neck, back and shoulders.

The only thing that is left over after surgery are the muscle spasms, but that is normal and controlable with muscle relaxers. My throat wasn't as bad as some have had it after surgery, maybe a marble instead of a golf ball.

I'm 8 weeks post-op and back to work part time. I can't imagine being full time yet.

Good luck and take care of yourself!
    Cath
  • Hello everyone,

I am writing to you because I started having tinnitus after surgery and have many of the symptoms you experience. I knew something went wrong with the anesthesia. I started having terrible headaches, tinnitus, blurry vision, numbness, pins and needles,etc...

I visited a neurologist and he told me that it was because of the anesthesia. I have the same symptoms as MS and another doctor told me that my organs were stopping to work.I have been visiting many doctors and I have just seen improvement with one, he is using acupuncture, there is a blockade in the Central Nervous System and he is trying to unblock it. I have visited other acupuncturists but this is the most experienced which is giving much relieve to my pain and improving my condition. I hope that at the end of te treatment I will be able to be healthy again.

I don't know if this could help you but I wish to help anyone who suffers so much like after the surgery. You can try to find a good acupuncturist, I visited several who did nothing to me until I found this one I visit now.

I wish you all the best and I hope you recover your health.

Mercy

PS: If you read the side effects of local anesthesia one of them is tinnitus, metal taste, dizziness.... I had all of them after my surgery and I have been worsening with time. The same happened to a friend of mine after epidural, she had tinnitus, headaches, dizziness, numbness,... and in the end she developped Multiple Sclerosis. Another friend of my sister has the same symptoms after the birth of her baby. I am convinced that it is because of the local anesthesia as my neurologist confirmed.
  • jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    From personal experience with cervical stenosis I had all the symptoms that you mentioned plus a few more. I can remember when I thought I had a severe ear infection because of the pain in my ear, there was nothing wrong with my ear it was the stenosis causing the problem. I had surgery to correct the problem and I no longer have, ear pain, dizziness, balance issues, tingling on my face and some other issues.
    Susan
  • One problem in one part of the spine can cause problems in other areas.

I have tinitus and vertigo. Sometimes I get a pop at the bas of my skull and then it resolves some.
advertisement