Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

RE HI I AM NEW HERE

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in New Member Introductions
hi everyone, I am new here, and I am very pleased to have joined this site so that I can read about and talk too people who are in the same painful predicament as myself. I am a lady who suffers from chronic pain in my back due too haveing three prolapsed discs in the lower part of my back, I also suffer with nerve pain and leg pain, and cervical neck pain due to disc problems there too. I do have pain treatment and attend a pain clinic for epidurals and steroid treatment as well as haveing to take a lot of different pain medications, i guess one of the hardest parts of the pain condition is the mental strain and depression it causes me, and I have not had much support from the doctors in that area, and the pain clinic I attend are never available too talk too or get hold off in between my appointments when I need emotional back up, and so I have been feeling very alone where my condition is concerned. I am looking forward to hearing from you and joining in the forum conversations. take care and love and light to you all x
advertisement

Comments

• I'm sorry you've had to go through all this on you're own. We're here to support you and try to help as best we can. I hope you don't feel so alone anymore. Take care Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • oh welcome to the forum and enjoy posting and contributing an interesting idea,busby seo test.
  • welcome to spine-health.....
  • Welcome to spine health >:D< What kind of medications do you take? Do you take anything for the nerve pain or depression. I've seen many on this site take Lyrica, cymbalta and one other for nerve pain. I know that Cymbalta can be used for nerve pain and depression. I originally took it for depression because it helps with that but had to go off it because the copay was too high. Now that I've heard that it works for nerve pain and I have better insurance, I started back on it. It's too soon to tell if it works or not yet.
  • You have come to the right place for support, understanding and friendship. Do you take any meds for pain or depression? It is very common for chronic pain and depression to go hand in hand. I am glad that you are here and will look forward to reading your posts.
  • Hi Stephanie,
    I just joined too and I am a fellow sufferer. I also feel your pain in respect of the emotional upset that this dreadful pain causes. Sadly, I think that the caring that you refer to is missing completely in our medical society. In fact, my experience is just like yours and those experiences have been in the Mid-West and in California. The attitude is the same and it is disgraceful. A major part of what we all suffer from are the side effects of our problem and there seems to be a serious lack of attention to this. The side effects really need to be addressed and I feel that they can only be addressed by those of us who have been there. When this overwhelming pain comes along it certainly takes over our lives and there are time when I wonder if the misery will ever end. The times when my pain is relieved by Cortizone shots creates a euphoria which shows me what it can be like at the end of the tunnel and I believe that this euphoria albeit temporary, keeps me going. My wife has just gone through major surgery and she understands my pain and I am grateful for her ability to see what I am going through too. If I was not married to such an understanding person I think that my marriage would have ended a long time ago through this affliction. I am currently about to enter a period of surgical procedures myself which I am hoping will end the pain forever, however I am not impressed by the amount of people that I meet in the pain management clinic who have had multiple surgeries for various back problems. If the surgeries had worked, they would not be back in pain management of course.

So finally, you are not alone, you have many fellow sufferers out there and we all share your pain with our own, regardless of the heartless who treat us all on a regular basis. I wish you well and I will add you to my prayer list.

Regards
    John Blunt
    tee said:
    hi everyone, I am new here, and I am very pleased to have joined this site so that I can read about and talk too people who are in the same painful predicament as myself. I am a lady who suffers from chronic pain in my back due too haveing three prolapsed discs in the lower part of my back, I also suffer with nerve pain and leg pain, and cervical neck pain due to disc problems there too. I do have pain treatment and attend a pain clinic for epidurals and steroid treatment as well as haveing to take a lot of different pain medications, i guess one of the hardest parts of the pain condition is the mental strain and depression it causes me, and I have not had much support from the doctors in that area, and the pain clinic I attend are never available too talk too or get hold off in between my appointments when I need emotional back up, and so I have been feeling very alone where my condition is concerned. I am looking forward to hearing from you and joining in the forum conversations. take care and love and light to you all x
advertisement