Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

burning in feet and lower legs continue after PLIF

kathyykkathyy Posts: 580
Hi everybody. I am 4 weeks out from a PLIF/instrumentation with decompression and removal of spinal cyst. Before my surgery, burning in my feet and legs was a big issue. Well, I still have it, pretty much like I had before surgery. It is especially bad, tho, when I sit too long or walk too long. It isn't quite as bad when I'm fresh in the morning.

Has anyone else had that type of symptom? It doesn't exactly "hurt" but it is hugely annoying. I'm so hoping that this will heal itself, at least to some extent, over the coming months. Any comments from others having the same experience would be appreciated.

Thanks - Kathy in Atlanta
advertisement

Comments

• I understand your concern, no doubt. But nerves do take a while to heal. Hopefully what you are feeling will decrease over time. I've heard it estimated that when the nerve pain comes back (usually does to some extent), it can take half as long as it was impeded upon to heal. In my experience, the nerve pain after surgery is about half as bas as it was before.

The key is whether or not the pain decreases over the next few months or not. It's quite possible, even likely perhaps, that it will. You should remain optimistic, and try to take it easy. Light walking and light stretching. In my experience, any more than that does more harm than good.

Good luck