Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Greetings

Dalap83DDalap83 Posts: 16
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hello -- My first log in. After 3 years of back pain and sciatica, and trying countless non-surgical treatments, at 50 yrs old I underwent a PLIF 7 days ago. So far so good.... No walker, walking with a cane and going up and down stairs are OK; I even played the piano for 10 minutes or so 3 times in the past 3 days. I can't stand, walk or sit for more than 30-45 minutes at a time, but I am managing my pain with less than full dosage of meds and I'm slightly stretching the dosage times as well. I'm not looking forward to spending so many hours in 2009 with my clamshell, but I have a positive outlook for now. Planning to return to work after the first of the year.
advertisement

Comments

• Welcome to spine health :H I am glad to hear that you are recovering well from your surgery. Please keep us posted on your progress. I spend my downtime on here as it helps to pass the time and uplift my spirits.
  • Sounds like you are doing great - just don't overdo it! I'm 4 weeks today post op with my PLIF/decompression and I'm walking daily - about a mile. Am 56; a mom and grandmom. Have a really sweet and supportive hub.

Keep us posted on your recovery. Kathy in Atlanta
  • Congrats on your progress too. Sounds like you are recovering well.
  • Welcome to SH and I'm glad to hear you're doing so well. Keep up the good work =D>
  • Sounds like you are doing quite well. I'm 12 days post op and doing pretty well also. You're brave for tackling the stairs. I do not have stairs in my home so I won't even try right now. I did get out and go to grocery store. My sister-n-law picked me up and held on to me getting in and out of her car since there was sleat falling and the ground was getting pretty slick. I was so happy to get back to the safety of my home.

Keep up the positive attitude and keep in touch. This forum has been the best!!
advertisement