Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

All I want for Christmas is a good night sleep

4jkasper44jkasper Posts: 231
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Sleep Problems
, I would also enjoy 1 pain free day but, Iam afraid that may be asking too much from Santa...I just would like to go 1 night without having to get out of my warm cozy bed and end up on the couch so I don't keep my poor husband awake all night....Is this asking too much???
I hope some of you others are getting some sleep, please be sure to share if you are, it's nice to share ya know :))(
Jeanette
advertisement

Comments

• I finally got some sleep an 8 hr one to boot, I forgot what it was like to sleep that long after years of fragmented sleep it felt so good, even my pain is taking a back seat today(I still hurt though).Tonight will be back to the usual though, my sleep was helped by my "experiment".

I hope you get a wonderful X-MAS gift too!!!!
  • ..is called Restoril. It's a memeber of the Valuim family (a benzo) & been around since the 1960's. Very safe & comes in many amounts from 7.5 to 30 mg....you can use it w/ whatever you're taking for pain ( so long as your doc Rx's the proper amount) & it's very gentle, just "eases" you into sleep, leaves no hang-over & you even get to dream! :)

I've been on it on/off since my 1st surgery in 2006 & it's great. Not too many docs RX it b/c it's so old, but it's a very "natural" feeling aid---you just sort of drift off, sleep soundly (but not like comatose) & it has none of the "psych" effects of some of the newer things like Ambien or Sonata etc. Just a gentle benzo that whisks you off to dreamland....& if you take the 7.5 & wake up during the night, you can take another one &sleep until AM....as most docs RX the 15 mg, so 2 7.5's = one regular tab.

Try it---ask for a sample & see if it works. I just love it! And b/c it's a Valuim dirivitive, it helps those pesky muscle spasms you get when you lie down.

Restoril. Ahhhhh! Zzzzzz!

~Lakeside
  • Even in the hospital after my TLIF. I decided I would not nap even a minute so that I could sleep through the night. At first I was waking at 3 and taking a pill and then going back to sleep. Now, I think I sleep too much. I generally sleep from about 9:45pm to about 7:30am. Zzzzzzz.

I hope that the gentle sleep fairy visits all of you tonight. I)

One Love,

Stephanie
  • It seems that perhaps tonight I may not be able to sleep. Yesterday, I slept almost the whole day, on and off. I didn't sleep very much last night and it looks like tonight could be a repeat...
    I hope all you regular insomniacs are finally getting some rest/sleep. Maybe I'll catch someone tomorrow. Have a good weekend!!
  • it doesn't help the pain when we don't sleep. I don't see jenny maybe she is getting some sleep tonight...
    It is snowing, maybe 3 new inches, my kids will be happy...Jeanette
  • Having had my steroid injections 3 weeks ago my sleeping has improved slightly, as it usually does. I find it easier to fall asleep and though I still wake very frequently I am able to go back to sleep.
    So that is a good benefit from the injections.
    When it wears off though, I dread the long, sleepless nights.
    I will usually wake every 10-15 minutes after waiting hours to get to sleep. I avoid taking sleeping meds (muscle relaxant) unless I feel a flare-up coming on, as there can be a hang-over effect, and strangely enough I am usually OK during the day even after 2 or 3 hours of broken sleep. Memory is not good sometimes, and a bit of brain fog.
    Just so boring! I don't want to get up and disturb the house. Might get a small light that I can read by.
    I take Restavit occasionally, and have now started on Melatonin.
    The hours and hours of trying to get to sleep, and the subsequent broken sleep is very annoying. None of my pain meds last more than 3 hours, and Tramadol keeps me awake.
    I'm lucky in that I'm not usually in much pain at night. If I am bad, a take a big dose and knock myself out.
  • sleeping lately? I haven't seen a whole lot of the regulars posting, I hope that means they are all sleeping well...
    I have been sleeping alittle better, I think it is due to keeping so busy trying to get ready for Christmas that at night I just kind of fall into bed.
    Hope all my sleepless buddies are doing well, I worry when I don't see a post from them in a while....
    Jeanette
  • I'm here... :H

Lately I've been busier than usual,and popping on to read,but not posting as much.I often look like I'm on because I frequently forget to log off-sometimes all night...other times I'm actually here reading all night,so,you never know.

One thing is certain,I have been sleeping nights more.Though my nights are still late nights.I generally stay up late/early,and have not been napping at all during the day...that way I'm sure to get some sleep even if I'm in pain.The body rests if it's exhausted--in time.

I haven't seen Jenny for awhile though :?? Maybe she's hibernating to catch up on all of her lost sleep :/

Tomorrow,actually later today I'm going shopping (one last time) for Christmas,and getting myself something too.I need a new outfit to wear to the family get together and I'd like to look fresh and put together.Ha-that's a job! I'd better get rested up for that.. :)))
advertisement