Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Meds, pain, tired

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Pain Medications
HI everyone,

I don't think there is an answer to this, but it is late and I am so tired. Tired of such bad pain. I am moving forward with the fusion. It is clear that the back is broken.MRI is clear on the fractures!

The PM increased my pain meds to 6 loratab a day. I can't take that many. They make me to jumpy, itchy. I also have Dilaudid. I have to say the docs have been so kind and understanding about my pain. It does not go away, it gets better for bit, then it comes back hard. :''( 6 weeks until surgery after the holidays and a disco gram. Wow, I would do it tomorrow! It is hard to be a wife and Mom. Thank God my husband is amazing and kind.

I use a hot water bottle and try to not get behind on the pain, but should I be doing something else? Any advice welcome!

Blessings to everyone, thanks for listening!

Backtyme

6epidural/facet injection, 1 Rhazotomy, ....on my way to a Axial LIF L5/S1 fusion with extra stable screws
advertisement

Comments

• I am sorry that you are hurting so much :''( .
    I know what it is like to be a wife, and mom in pain.
    I do hope that the surgery will help you, it is so hard to live like that! ~X( .

I am here if you need someone to talk to >:D< >:D< >:D<
  • Thanks for the reply! Husband is gone all week on business! Nice to hear from others who get it! :O)

THanks again!
  • I can relate to you being sick and tired of being sick and tired. We all can relate to wishing tomorrow would hurry up and come. I've needed bi-lateral knee replacements since 2006. I've had several failed, needless surgeries and for each and every one of them I wished tomorrow would hurry up and come. Now my back has been pounded into submission L/4-S1. With my back HEAT.

I went and bought a "shiatsu" (SP?) messaging unit for my back. DO NOT DO THIS if you already have a bad back. Walgreen's sells one that is muck more less aggressive and for me provides great relief through message and heat. My heating pad has become my best friend. I had to buy 2 heating pads because once they reach MY desired temp. they automatically shut off. Don't make em' like they used to, could grill a steak on the older models.

I pray your surgeons fix your problems once and for all. I've been making a mistake by wishing away my life. Get well soon! You are very fortunate and blessed to have such a supportive cast.

hurtzallot

hurtzallot