Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

finally surgery is done

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
hey everyone just had a lumbar laminectomy for my herniated disc at L5-S1. surgeon said it was a rather large herniation and was literally stuck on my nerves. i was in the pediatrac critical care unit for about 2 1/2 days and am no about 6 days post-op(i had it done on Thursday) will kee[ ya all updated
advertisement

Comments

• How are you feeling now Ajay? Are you home? Sorry you had to go through that. I hope that you are feeling okay. Let us know how you are doing!
  • i am 16 yrs old and i am doing fine now i was on a morphine pump for about 2 days and it made me nauseous when i stood up and i am doing much better at home now i can finally start to walk around better than i could at the hospital it was hard at first
  • I hope you have a speedy recovery. And glad you're starting to walk around better. I hope you don't have too much pain and I hear it goes away after a couple of weeks mostly. You'll get strong again and be able to carry your school books around again. And I hope that's a positive thought for you. Take care. We want to know how you're doing in the next coming days and weeks. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • yeah im hoping for the speedy revovery as well and have a very positive attitude towards this whole ordeal so that should help in the long run
  • Same surgery here at L5-S1. Glad to hear that you are doing well and have a positive attitude. Do what the doctor says and you will be good in no time. :)
  • Ajay... take good care of yourself! it sucks to feel "grounded" during recovery... but it'll pay off to be good now. glad you're doing better. it's a lot to deal with at any age... but wow... you're young. you seem to have a strong head on your shoulders. :)
    G.
  • Ajay, I am glad to hear you are on the post-op side of the surgery! The worst is over, and now you can focus on getting back to your normal life. The best thing I can tell you is not to push yourself. You may be tempted to sit longer than you should or bend or pull on something, but DON'T DO IT. Try to follow your doctor's advice to a "T" and you'll be just fine. If you have to bend over, remember to put one of your legs out behind you (that will keep you from bending at the waist and will make you bend at the hips instead). It's called the Golfer's Lean because that's how golfer's pick up golf balls. :)))

Do you have a Game Boy or other game system to keep you occupied? Boredom was the worst for me. I admire your positive attitude. You are an inspiration for a lot of people reading these boards. Be sure to keep us updated on how you are doing!

Haylie
advertisement