Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My Grown Up Christmas Wishes

jeauxbertjjeauxbert Posts: 953
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Water Cooler
Hello Everyone! My Christmas list has changed quite a bit over the years. Although I am no longer a child (but still act like one from time to time), I can still dream. The following is the list of "gifts" I am asking Santa to bring YOU!

"I wish you Joy and Peace
And leisurely happy days
filled with love and shared with Family.

"The realization of how precious and fleeting
The gift of time really is.

"Not ribbons and bows, nor lights and trees
No worries about sales and the stresses of shopping
To find that "perfect" gift.

"Only Joy in the Holiday
And beautiful memories of time spent with those you love.

"For these are the "gifts" that will be remembered
For years to come.

"My wish for you is an abundance of wonderful new memories
To warm your hearts."

I wish you all of these things and so much more...

Jeaux

(now, before y'all go believing I am a talented person, this list actually came to me from a dear friend of mine whose husband is suffering from esophageal cancer. The words aren't mine, but the sentiment is so lovely, I had to share with all my friends!)
advertisement

Comments

• Blessings to you and yours!
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,722
    like that it easy to understand that you are a caring and loving person. It is interesting to see as we age, our 'wishlist' changes. We move away from the materialistic items to things that are much more meaningful and important.

Several years ago, I had a wish, one that provided an avenue where I could vent some of my frustrations. I have always had the total support of my family, but I also felt at times I was burdening them. My wish came true in the form of
    'Spine-Health' Back then I really didnt know anything of what the site was about, its members, etc. Fast forward till now and I am still very grateful to Spine-Health. It has now been one of my objectives to help others and to make sure that others who log in to Spine-Health also find that support system that is so important.

Jeaux, thank you for starting this thread
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Oh stop Ron! You're getting me all misty-eyed.

And, I may need a larger hat now... :P