Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi!

BlueBBlue Posts: 74
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi :H I have been reading and learning for a while from this site. I have done PT, 5 sets of nerve blocks- done by a pain doctor who I detested :W , accupuncture and various medications for pain (Lyrica 300 mg, Arthrotec, Tramadol 200mg) throughout 2007-2008 with not much improvement. My neck, head, arm to thumb, back hurts. My doctor focus' on my neck- had 2 neck MRIs. My issues are C4-TI that I know of. MRI one (Feb 08) said...C5-6 mild/mod DD with disk space narrowing, osteophyte formation and facet hypertrophy. Mod right central disk herniation causing mild cord impingement. Moderate impingment on right C6 lateral recess. MRI two (Nov 08) C5/6 moderate endplate osteophytosis with asymmetric osteophyte complex shown which indents the ventrolateral aspect of the theca, on the right side. Severe narrowing of the neuroforaminal canal on right and moderate narrowing on the left. The central canal is reduced to approximately 9 mm across the AP axis. 8} Has anyone had two MRI close together that sound so differently? I am left more confused than before the tests and my family doctor just says I have issues at C5/6 They were done at two different hospitals- I am not working because of the pain, and considering surgery, which I hope will help it all. First NS said could do disk replacement surgery but I want a second NS opinion-but I feel like I am waiting forever. I know,be patient...it is not my best quality.
advertisement

Comments

• Well no body responded to my new person entry. I felt like the kid picked last on a team. Anyhow, >:D< I am enjoying spine health, I like that there are others her going through the same experiences and can relate. I enjoy reading through people's experiences and stories. I like that I can ask questions, and get advise by people who have been there. Sometimes the medical field is danting, and we need to advocate assertively for ourselves. Sorry. I couldn't leave my New Member entry as a N/a - just my assertive personality. I am starting to understand my MRI result- as basically being the same, but in a more complex medical way on second one. Please let me know what you think...
  • I also am on my 2nd pain management Dr. and just got facet joint injections for my facet joint arthropy and with some relief. As for your 2 different MRI results, your Ortho/Neuro will be able to see his own interpretation and be able to help you. That's good your getting a 2nd opinion, I totally agree with that. I haven't had surgery yet. I can't read your MRi as only a Dr. can give a diagnosis. I hope you get the answers you need completely before surgery. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i don't know why you did not get any replies before. i hope we can remedy that!!! i am on 300mg of Lyrica as well but have found alot of relief for my left leg. =D> i am sorry you have not. be sure and have a qualified physician read your MRI. that is your best option. good luck as you seek pain relief. Jenny :)
  • Thank you for taking the time to help. >:D< It is wonderful that we have an opportunity to talk with others that are going through similar situations. Until being hurt I never thought about the importance of a second opinion, especially in your gutt if it doesn't feel right. The only problem is that you are left waiting, for a referral- and basically have to start over. I have actually decided not to have a pain doctor at this time, and rely on family doctor for support and meds. I am in the referral stage for 2nd NS, and hope that it moves along quickly in the new year. I also have found some very good health professionals along the way too, who I am fortunate to have and would never change. The good with the bad...You are your best advocate...and you have to trust your judgement even though it can be hard at times.
  • :) hi! :H finding the correct doctor for YOU is one of the most important aspects of your pain treatment. if, at this time, that appears to be your family doctor, then that is best for you. =D> when your pain changes or grows too much for this doctor, you will know when to move on. you sound as if you have a good support system around you. i hope we,your SH family, adds to that support as well. >:D< Jenny :)
advertisement