Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

left out of work activities

dmoonchildddmoonchild Posts: 383
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Matters of the Heart
Well, Im not sure if you guys know all the problems Ive had since retuning to work after FMLA, but its been terrible. My supervisor and our receptionist dont even talk to me and Im left out of any social events. Today we had our office Christmas Party. I was not invited. They were all yukkin it up in the lunch room. All of the printers and fax machines are also in that room so it was very awkward when I had to get my work out of there. And then around 2:00pm I walked out to use the ladies room and all the lights were turned off and doors locked. Everyone went home early without telling me. Needless to say I was very upset. I did email our big boss in the main office to say I have had it with the childish malicious way Im being treated. I hate my Job
advertisement

Comments

• That is just wrong. Especially to have the Christmas party that's to show Christmas Spirit not neglect. I personally think when someone comes back to work that you should be reintroduced to everyone so they know you're there. Maybe when you weren't there they all had planned things out and just forgot to invite you. I think you shouldn't even have to be invited if it's the work Christmas party,you just go to it. Do you have conflict resolution person at work? I hope things are better for you tomorrow. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • It sounds like it's time for a new job with some grownups around.
  • This is yet another example of stupid people doing stupidity. I guess they missed Being Human 101 class. Why do people get malicious when someone gets sick or has a prolonged illness? At my husband's work, if someone misses for a bad cold or something, they are called kitties (the version that starts with p). I just don't get it. I wouldn't want colleagues showing up spreading germs everywhere. I'm sorry Dmoonchild, I hope the big boss does something about this. You are so much better than they can ever be. I know you would never be like that to no one. Take care
  • These people have no idea how wrong they are,acting with no character whatsoever.They should be ashamed of themselves and there is no excuse at all for that type of behaviour.

It's too bad that you had to be the brunt of their childish and immature attitudes.Please keep in mind that you are above that and do nothing to sink to their level.They would like that,it would be the only thing that could possibly make them feel better about the way they treated you.

In due time wrongs are made right ;))
  • :) hi! :H this makes me feel like i did when i was in high school. i am sure you were very hurt and demeaned. ~X( i am glad you came on to get some support. you will be rewarded for your kindness and they will find karma comes around eventually. please don't shed any tears. :''( they aren't worth a drop. it seems to be time for a new job. <:P you need to find a place where you are treated with the value you are worth. good luck as you move forward. Jenny :)
  • Our reception children are taught to be nice and yes this was rude, it is always a measure of any establishment in how they treat each other and that direct exclusion is sometime in the knowledge that some people do not know what to say and use inappropriate actions. It is said here many times, that if others understood our condition they would treat us better, that is a myth and even those with that knowledge use it as another opportunity to discriminate us additionally or vocally, in the way they behave.

As said, you know and we know you are a nice person, it is not up to you to change the bad habits they all have, you could find the person who gave out the invites and ask why you were not invited, plan B would be shout and scream, which has worked for me at times, It would seem they had some issues previously before the party, for me I took the person who was being rude into the office and told them in no uncertain term that behaviour was unacceptable and the boss said, I am glad someone said something, disability it brings out the worst in other people at times.

Are they good with sand and water, face-paints !

John
  • Nothing I can say that has not already been said... but where was HR???
    The tough part right now is the economy is not great so finding a new job will be a challenge. But you have motivation and you DESERVE so much better.

And yes, as Jenny mentioned. Gotta believe in karma.
    Sending warm thoughts your way.
    >:D< >:D< >:D<
    -Melissa
advertisement