Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Why do I still feel so low, tired and not with being part of the world

VickiVVicki Posts: 57
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Tomo is 4wks post op from fusion/cyst removal. I'm not in pain but I just have such a poor state of general well being.It's cold and miserable in NY and this doesn't make me want to go out. I thought it was anxiety but it feels like I am out of it. Taking ONE percocet a day so this isnt the issue, vitamins, b12 injections and I'm just so blahhhhhhhh.On this weeks nice day here I felt restored. No more. I sleep and have become a #1 lounge lizard. This has got to break at some point. Anyone else out there just existing???
advertisement

Comments

• Are you feeling like you are depressed? When you are depressed, it does feel like this :< .

I know that when I am depressed, and not crying BUT very tired and blah, I know that I am feeling crappy!!!

Here are some big hugs to you >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D<
  • Well, if it helps at all, others are there too. I posted last night in the pain med forum...pain meds and tired. :''( 122 read, nobody posted back. It felt better to just type it out. It is funny how it feels better to just know other normal, smart, outgoing, happy people and be knocked down with tough pain and difficult times. The forum has also shown we get thru it! You will to, the will come out! I just don't know how soon in NY! >:D<

Blessings!
    Backtyme
  • The sun will come out tomorrow!!! is what I trying to say! :))(
  • Sweetie, you are still very early in the recovery stage! I am having problems now with getting discouraged and depressed, and I'm 6 months post-op. I'm just tired of hurting, complaining, etc. Be good to yourself this evening and know that you are not alone!
  • I'm almost two weeks post op and live in the midwest. The weather here has been cold and icy. I dare not venture out and I'm starting to get really bored. Everyone thinks I'm crazy 'cause I'd love to get back to work, but that's who I am. I can only watch so much TV and eat! I feel like I have no life. My dog even looks at me like I'm invading his privacy being home all the time :S .

Anyway, hang in there and remember that there are better days ahead. Keep thinking of sunshine, hot sunny days, and sounds on the beach. Hey, that's an idea. Get yourself one of those nature sounds CD's to listen to while it's freezing cold outside. Take Care :)

• Yes. Think about how much you are going to be able to do in the summer when you are feeling better. Maybe you can start making plans now. I know I am. I am making plans for when the doctor takes me off these restrictions. I plan to remodel my kitchen and upstairs. I already bought all the paint and supplies for doing the laundry room and back bathroom. My husband is upset because I will not let him touch it. Its mine. I plan on taking my daughter and grandson to the park at least once a week. I plan to get a swing set with a slide for the backyard. I plan to go camping and to the ocean at least 2 times this summer. I will finally enjoy the bbq's that my husband loves to throw.

I have a lot of plans and those are what keeps me going through this time. I cannot stand sitting on the couch or recliner everynight. There is nothing on TV worth watching so I just play on the computer and dream about this spring or summer when I can PLAY. Since God knows I couldn't do it last summer. I also love to cook so my family is getting a little heavy so more planning to do to work off this weight.

I think of this time as the time to store up the energy because with all that I am going to be doing once I am allowed and can do... I am going to need it.
  • I'm not dreaming of a white Christmas. I'm dreaming of a hot summer! I was in the hospital 3 times this summer over 7 weeks. (12 days total) wasn't able to get in the pool FOREVER cuz I got MRSA-HA and had that dang IV in my arm for 6 weeks and after the third surgery, my incision had a hard time healing. my summer was basically over July 6th, the day before my fusion. :( it was our first summer with an inground pool. I CAN HARDLY WAIT to get back in the pool!!! It's been so cold here, too. I almost got hit today by a crazy driver. uugh. so I'm with you... looking forward to summer like I never have before. B)

if you're really down and not on anti-depressants, I got on Lexapro a month or so ago and it's made a huge difference for me.

G.
  • Just wanted to send u all holiday wishes and a special thank yous to you ALL
  • Hi Vicki,

I too live in NY and just being in this state during the winter can be depressing at times. I live in the southern tier area and we are expecting about 12 inches of snow tomorrow so I will be snowed in for the day. I will most likely be on here most of the day just trying to keep my spirits up. You may just have a case of the seasonal blues (8) in addition to being down because of surgery. You should talk to your doc if you continue to feel blue on occasion.

Until then, let's look forward to a nice warm summer B)
advertisement