Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Appointment with Second Opinion Neuro Delayed

GreyEagleGGreyEagle Posts: 350
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
:H Hello everyone!

Well, we had so much snow this week that it has caused somewhat of a disaster in terms of attempts at travel. I was supposed to see a second opinion neurosurgeon tomorrow at 2 pm after waiting 2 months for this appointment. We had over a foot of snow tho in the past day or so. This has made travel impossible.

We live probably half a mile off the main highway in the foothills of the Cascade Mountains of Washington State. They also had a lot of snow in the Seattle proper area today. My neuro's office was closed today because of the snow and will probably be closed tomorrow. I had called them Monday this week to reschedule for tomorrow as my original appointment was today. Now I know I won't even be able to get out of my driveway. We live in an unincorporated area where the streets do not get snow plowed and sanded like the main highway does.

My wife even called in today and will tomorrow. She calls in maybe once very 6 years. Her supervisor even ended up in an accident on the freeway today attempting to get to work. When I talked to the scheduler Monday she said I had a choice for appointment this coming Friday (tomorrow) or Jan 19th. I would imagine since they were closed today and will likely be closed tomorrow they will let me reschedule a lot sooner.

Anyway, the snow is beautiful and I love having my wife home. But I just wonder how much more damage is going on with my degenerative discs, osteophytes, nerve impingement because my appointments and surgery are being delayed even longer. I don't know. I do know my pain and numbness has increased and spread.

Thanks for listening,

Ken GreyEagle
Greyeagle
advertisement

Comments

  • You aren't the only one snowed in! Over here in eastern Oregon, in several places we got over 3 feet of snow today. I am a courier on my job, and it's only the second time in 12 years I couldn't do my route. I did a very abbreviated route of about 100 miles, and it took over 4 hours. It's bad when you are stuck in clinic and hospital parking lots, LOL. With more coming this weekend. Just relax and enjoy having your wife home. NO SHOVELING!!!! Take care.

    Maggie
  • I'm sorry about the delay. We get ourselves so worked up and "ready" for going to it and then it never happens. I really hope that you can get in as soon as possible.

    As hard as it is, try to be positive that this delay isn't going to cause too much more damage. You're doing everything right and are taking care not to do anything that can cause a strain on your cervical spine. Another week may not make a huge difference......not that you have a choice, darnit.

    Hang in there, we're still here, pulling for you, however long it takes!

    Griff
  • I'm sorry to hear it's been delayed and that the pain has gotten even worse for you. I know the weather up here has been bad and definitely about to get even worse. I'm having shoulder surgery in Mt. Vernon on Tuesday and hoping like crazy it doesn't get postponed. Here in Stanwood we got 20 inches out of that storm on Wednesday. In my 10 years of living in Wisconsin I've never seen so much snow from one storm. Imagine that! Take care and I hope they'll get to you very, very soon Ken.
  • I rescheduled to Jan 13th, so not too far away. We are having a major wind storm tonight and tomorrow. We have probably a foot and a half of snow also. So far have not lost power tho. I'm hanging in there!

    Ken
    Greyeagle
advertisement
Sign In or Register to comment.