Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Four years since my surgery

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I had a titanium cage put in at c5-6 almost 4 years ago at age 37. It relieved the shoulder pain and finger numbness. My neck never felt strong but it worked without pain. Well, exercise like lifting or tennis would make my neck painfully stiff for a day.
For the last 2 weeks I've been been experiencing neck stiffness, pain in both shoulders, and pain down the right shoulder blade. It bothers me the most in the mornings. I haven't seen a doctor of any kind yet. I'm putting is off until after Christmas.
For surgery last time I searched for a doctor with the latest techniques and a good reputation. That took me 300 miles from my house. Should a go to my family doctor first or drive the 300 miles? The family doctor will do all the conservative measures first. PT did nothing for me last time. I don't have a bad attitude. I'm just impatient.
advertisement

Comments

• Hello
    You may need a referral before seeing the surgeon so a trip to the family doc may be wise. Good luck to you. I had surgery back in March of '07 and going for another next month. Seems the disc above my surgery (C5-7) blew out. One above that one is not great either
    Try to have a great holiday
  • Tom, sorry to hear about your need to have another surgery. That is my worst fear as my doctor stated that this is very likely for me also as c4-5 was not in good shape for me either.

I really wish they would have just done it at the same time.

Good luck to you, Merry Christmas.
  • As you know, you will probably need an MRI and referral. We are all impatient with the pain and frustrated. I am glad to hear that you have had success in the past and hopefully this time also. I too traveled far from home for my surgery..from Florida to Colorado and I am glad that I did that. However, if anything happens..I need to go through the channels here before I return there. You know? Good Luck.