Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Nerve Ablation

dmoonchildddmoonchild Posts: 383
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Pain Management
Went to my injection Dr He said I probably had a bad reaction to the cortisone when I had my last injection so he suggested nerve ablation. Im having that dome on Jan 14th. I hope it helps some. Also , when I was in his office, I was reading Joe Biden's book. He saw it and said " would you like me to have him autograph it for you?" My Dr knows him. Im so excited! I was also denied SSD so Im starting the appeal process. It should be a very exciting 2009!
advertisement

Comments

• Here's wishing for a pain-free 2009! Sure hope that procedure works for you...you've been through sooo much! >:D< >:D<
  • I call it a rhizotomy worked wonders for me. I hope that you get some relief from it. Good luck and please keep us posted.
  • Hello Moon,

I debated about posting, but here goes.

Moon, has your doctor explained to you exactly what that procedure does? I really hope so.

Severing a pain nerve only stops the pain signal your body is trying to send to your brain to warn you that something is wrong. Severing the nerve does nothing to make a spine problem better. It only makes you think things are better because the pain signal is not reaching your brain. It does mean that if things get worse in your spine in that area you will never know about it.

Please think about it.

RichT
  • pain is a good thing. If you were suffering from something major that could be repaired, it would show up on your MRI or xrays. These docs that do this know what they are doing. I could not do anything but lay around in pain and take pain pills before I finally got relief from a rhizotomy. I could not even walk. If something major happened to your spine after having one, I guarantee that you would know.
  • at this pint in my life, my main goal is to get pain relief, If it means cutting off my head I would do it, I cannot life like this, the pain is winning right now, Im depressed, having bad thoughts, m still working but barley. My meds are making me forgetful, drowsy, unpredictable, dizzy, crosseyed, I cant take working anymore, I just cant do it
  • point of view too - but make sure you understand any risks.

I am not familiar with the procedure myself but do know that nerves can carry a memory so will the pain really be gone - I am thinking phamtom limb pain type thing.

I wish you a pain free 2009!
  • My doctor told me there would be two treatments one for each nerve, and then i should feel some relief a week after that. What he did not tell me was how long between treatments. Does anyone know. Also, how long has it lasted for some of you.

I read they is a laser permanent procedure. Has anyone had that done.

This nerve has been shooting up and down my leg. Then it starts to throb and then whatever other extremely painful thing it
    can do. I cannot stan for very long and i can only walk a couple hundred feet before i am in major pain.
    Have A Great Day!
    Heather
advertisement