Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Whats the best way to get tape off incision?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,899
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
:?? I am ten days post op. My surgeon wanted me to keep the butterfly strips on the incision for ten days without getting them wet. Now it is time to take them off and they are like welded on. Any suggestions on the best way to take them off?
advertisement

Comments

• Maybe warm compresses to soften the adhesive?
  • I totally agree with Snapdragon. Maybe now in the shower they would come off. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I was allowed to shower with them on, they still were stuck tight. On day 10 I showered and then my sister peeled them off for me while wet. How about trying some bably oil or vitamin E oil? At work we sometimes use alcohol pads to take off tape as well. Good-luck, Sue
  • My nurse took them off ten days post op. She started on the left side and loosened the strips from top to bottom and then just pulled them off across my neck while applying some pressure as she pulled them off.
    Good luck, bethy
  • We run a hardware store and I had a sample of Goo Gone. It worked extremely well. I applied with a cotton ball, waited a few minutes and the strips almost fell off. Also dissoved the residue.
  • On day 7 I had an allergic reaction to either the strips or the glue they used I used everything possible to get them off but the only thing that worked was vitamin E oil. You rub the oil on with a Q-tip and then wait 3 minutes before you start removing them once you start peeling them backwards rub the backside with an oiled Q-tip as you go. You will be able to remove them without any pain or problems and it also removes the goo. Have a Merry Christmas! :D
  • Sorry my computer keeps loosing signal
advertisement