Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hamstring Problem

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
I was wondering if anyone could give me insight on a hamstring problem that is affecting me. To give you a background on what is going on, 3 years ago I fractured my 3 lumbar spine, it was a transverse fracture and that healed well and I started having SI joint dysfunction and I had to strengthen my back muscles. That also isnt to bad anymore either, the thing that is really affecting me is the bones where my hamstring is seem to be hypermobile if that is the word and i feel them shift it seems and also something else that happens is I feel pops in my hamstring that sound like a golf ball being hit if i have been siting somewhere for a while then I get up, also if i am laying down and i extended my leg i feel the popping of bone feeling in my lower back also(this is not the same as the golf ball pop sound of my muscle in my hamstring) Throughout the day I feel a numb pain in my hamstring and my entire back of my get gets tight whenever it feels like it, my actual muscle is not injured but it gets sore from feeling like it is pulling because of the weird feeling where the bones meet where my hamstring and butt is. I no longer can run full speed because I feel like if I do I will pull my hamstring because it dosent feel like everything is in the right place, also just say I sit on the floor for an extended amount of time I feel more pressure on the bone where my butt is on the side that is giving me problems, also it dosent feel like my bone is fractured or broken either. I have been to a chiropractor and that did not help....what steps should I take in getting this problem fixed...thanks for any help you can provide
advertisement

Comments

• I have alot of problems with my hamstring I guess its caused by the nerve. Mine get's really tight right under the butt bone it feels like a pencil running down the back and the muscle feels funny and deformed and hurts really bad. I go twice a week for an ultra sound and a message and it's normal again it's getting better slowly I do allot of stretching. I also pop in my back somewhere I cant find it when i raise my knee up while standing. I take a couple of supplements the pt gave me for tendons and muscles. The hamstring is my number one symptom and the feet second they cramp alot. I still can't drive after 20 minutes my hamstring and butt hurt like crazy, does anyone else have trouble driving?
  • have that same pain before my surgery. I think that it is associated with the nerves. Now, My pain starts in the hip area and goes down the side or front of my thigh to my knee. When that muscle spasms (feels very tight and twisted in a knot) it will be sore for days after. Not sure if this is the same for you or not. Also. I have pain in the calf of my leg and sometimes my ankle. My doc said that people with back issues walk differently compensating for the pain in their back and that is what causes the issues in my calf area and ankle.
  • I'M THINKING THAT ITS BEHIND THE KNEE, I KNOW I HAVE TIGHTNES AND PAIN IN THAT AREA
    CINDI
  • I have the exact same problem mentioned above. My hamstring starts to get really sore after I drive for about 30 minutes, and then gets progressively worse. It does not bother me when active such as playing tennis or basketball. Anyone out there found a cause or, more importantly, remedy?

Rick
  • Sometimes having what feels like hamstring pain is the first sign of a herniated disk in the lower lumbar area...usually L4 or L5. It can go on for months and months as the disk is getting progressively worse. Sometimes there are other symptoms, too, but not always. My husband thought his hamstring was tight from running and this went on for several months. It would come and go and was bothersome, but not so irritating that he sought help. He went to bed one night feeling perfectly normal, woke up and could not get out of bed. Turned out the L5 had ruptured.

It might just be another thing to be aware of and to think about.
  • I was sent to PT for butt pain. they decided my sacrum was tilted and try straightning it. I am now in such pain. groin, back of thigh. popping in knee,back and groin. when I stand it gets worse. cannot drive for 40 miles without increasing pain. I am using Flector patches. they have helped more than anything. At least I can sleep. I am going back to PT for them to put me back the way I was.
advertisement