Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

seasonal flu/colds etc

strakerstraker Posts: 1,851
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Chronic Pain
hi all
i was just wondering ..is it just me ..or ,,,is it when pepole like us .ie chronic pain suferes get a cold or the flu ..do we suffer more than mr/mrs average?
since i came back from my hoildays in furteventura i have had a cold and i ache like mad even worst than normal
its driving me mad! its bad enough having bad pain 24/7 anyway we dont need any more do we
on that note evey one try to enjoy the hoilday
advertisement

Comments

• I had my SI joint surgery on 11/15/08...after a hard crash and burn with breakthru pain for about 12 hrs, I got about 1 day before a upper respitory cold/bronchitis got hold of me. Instead of my 2 weeks follow up with the surgeon I was at the family doc getting the antibiotics and cough medicine that would get me thru. THEN about 12/9 I was slammed by the flu, the kind that you think is gonna kill you. Could not eat or keep anything down :& for 4 days, and ultimately lost 16 lbs.
    I had aches so bad that I couldn't tell if my surgery results were not good..or it was the illnesses.
    Suffice to say that it was the roughest time I've had in a about 25 years.
    My advice is best to get a flu shot...I didn't to try and save money...boy did I pay dearly for it. :''(
  • hi
    i had the flu shot .but still got flu!
    i think that because i stay in my house 24/7 ..when i do venture out anywhere i tend to pick up every thing
    i seem to have lost my passive immunity as i don't tend to mix with the community.now i know just how the old folks must feel in the winter Pas they tend to be house bound most of the time too}
This discussion has been closed.