Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hiya! Another chronic pain sufferer, new to the board. HI!!!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in New Member Introductions
Lesse. I am a 23 female, I was diagnosed with spondololthesis (I hope I am spelling that right, you'd think I would get it after so many years!!!!!!!). Anyway, I had a bilateral fracture in my L5-S1, leg pain with nerve damage (fun in high school, go to get up and fall flat on my *** because a leg, or two, have disappeared)

Anyway, 5 years ago my former bf told me to check my back... BIG mistake. They say ignorance is bliss, I think in this case it was... I figured I was just weird, not injured. I don't know how I did it, I'm a rough girl, I climbed, train horses, prolly at sometime fell hard and didn't think on it.

I had surgery in 2006, spinal fusion with the hardware (rods, bolts and, a cage dealie). Now, they want to take it out. I've been on and off pain meds guilting myself that it's bad and I'm an addict but honestly... When the pain is gone, I stop taking the oxycodones... I'll take as many as I need for it to go away, and than wait til I need more... There IS a dose that is enough.

I can't describe how much I hurt. I've thought about suicide as a way out of it many times... Usually my day consists of pondering what the after effects of that situation could be like... But please, don't worry, I am safe... It's just some kind of relief to know that if I can't get rid of the pain, I can go elsewhere... Hopefully not hell :D

So, it's Sunday and I ran out of pain meds... I told the doc to gimme a few, just to last a week and ration them to me so I won't go "over-board" but heck, it was stormy and I took them in about 3 days... Knew I needed more. Now I guess I will have to tell him that since I AM having surgery in Jan to remove the metal, I want back on them, on the right dose, unlimited and I can detox after surgery... Then I will know if it worked, and I wont just sit here sobbing and rolling around in agony.

I guess it's a depressing intro, but I write what I feel and think so that's that. My name is Kate, and I plan to be around to help others, as well as get some extra support for me... Also, I live in the Palm Springs area of CA.

See ya later :D
advertisement

Comments