Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Headaches

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Good day everyone.

Saw my paint management doctor last week about the injections he had given me (very little relief from them), but he had mentioned something on my last visit about he did not believe my headaches were being caused by my neck issues. I questioned him furtherm and he confirmed that he thought they were from something else due to the way the headaches started and thier location. Typical headache is behind my right eye and may spread from there, buth this is where I usually notice it.

After all the above rambling, is anyone else having this type of headaches and if so, what have you done for relief. I am starting PT next week to see if that helps. I start out the day well, but by around 2 pm the headaches and upper back pain start.

Saw neuro surgeon last week and he gave me a dvd about the SCS as next option and he said the last MRI looked okay as can be after 4 ACDFs.
advertisement

Comments

• I get a similar pain pattern when I am developing a migraine. The headaches I got prior to having surgery to remove the ganglion, would be like getting hit with a cattle prod in the back of the head. So with no greater occipital nerve I get the type of headache you describe and it is treated with Imitrex.

My cervical SCS takes care of the neck, shoulder, arm and hand pain.

What does your PM doc think about the prospect of an SCS?

"C"
  • Thought I should try PT or any other non invasive i haven't tried yet.
  • I totally understand the feeling of headache/migraine. I have never had them until my neck got injured. I do find when they are at their worst, I do not want to go out and sleep a lot. It takes about 5 days to pass for me. Then it goes back to a light headache. PT does help, so does fresh air (very cold here!) and getting in a warm pool helps too. Eating right, although at its worst I find I don't feel like eating much. I hope you are feeling better though...Ell :)
advertisement