Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

have to see nero surgon about disc replacement

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I have go to nero surgon to see about afdr i know nothing about surgey. I have buldging c6 with a spur and ddd i have tried everything so next step they said is surgey. how long is recovery will i be able to keep doing my job which has a lot of heavy lifting. will the pain get better in the neck and shoulders
thanks
advertisement

Comments

• My suggestion to you would be prepared with any questions, like what can I do to improve my situation. Also bring with you all tests to date, as well be prepared to tell them of the medications you are on and any injections you have had. I asked my surgeon, how many he had done- and what are the other surgical options. My experience made me feel I needed a second opinion. The surgeon I had just made me wait and wait- and has a reputation of doing this. Time to move on to second Surgeon- hopefully better.
  • I did not feel comfortable with the operation. I had a posterial foranminotomy 10years ago without fusion andnt hat si what I wanted again-so I got a second and thrid opinion and both said I could forgo fusion since my pain ans spasms were islolated in my shoulder and arm/hand. It did not have neck pain. Look upi Jho's Porcedures to see what I had done. I have both herniated disk (not all, just the part on my nerver and bone spurs removed.

The best advide I can give anyone is learn about there problem and get several opinions and ask questions-lots of them. Most surgeons are too busy to take the time-but if you ask pertainent questions they know you did your homework and will usually answer them. if they don't-then it's off to a new surgeon. I always chose neurosurgeons over orthopedic surgeons necause I wanted ones who worked on nerves, not bones, but that is just my bias and has nothing to do with their expertise in matters of the spine.

Good luck-and if you can-go to a doctor who will tell you he's done a lot of these operations and will be willing to tell you all the things that can fail, too! I try to get nurses opinion about the surgeons, too.