Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

got through surgeryDec11

iowarobiniiowarobin Posts: 1,268
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi All. Got Homme on Tues from my l4-l5, l5-s1 fusion and discetomy and biopsy for sacral tumor. Have been having pain for 2 1/2 years and so finally I can see light at end of tunnel. Dr also used rods and screws with one being longer that went into bone in scaral tumor. Surgery was 7 hours 45 mins. Been on oxycodone for a long time, so pain control was issue. After 2 days I had three differnt pain meds at differnt times to get it under control. Then after that they gave my diludid 4mg to get home on as we had four hour drive. Am doing well. No brace, but I do have hospital bed and that really helps.
To top it off my mom inlaw went to hospital on Mon Dec 8 for groin pain and they ran lots of test, the day hubby went to get me home, they shipped her an hour away for surgery. She had 2 inch sec of small intestine removed. Shes 77 and still there. Then three days after I got home, my Dad had massive stroke. He is doing well, but I dont know how much more I can take, As well as good old Iowa Blizzards,,,Trying to keep positive, PS. Father in law almost blind, we have to take them everywhere when they she is down.... 8>
advertisement

Comments

• But that is not how life runs itslef, does it! Hang in there, you will get better day by day and will be able to handle more-just don't rush it so you don't undo all the good work the surgeon have done for you up to this point. Sometimes you just have to say no, and have someone else do the thing you normally would do.

I hope you mother in law and father will be fine-but you have to take care of yourself if you want to be able to help them later.

SOrry for the all the heartache,but keep positive and you'll heal faster.