Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Yoga Therapy

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
Has anyone tried yoga therapy for their back problems and was their any success? My Nuero told me to try yoga 2 times a week and walk a few miles 3 times a week and see where im at after 2 months of doing so. He thinks it would be more beneficial then physical therapy and more fun at the same time. There is this yoga place near me that does yoga specifically for back problems and wanted to know if anyone has gone that route because I havent seen any posts about it. Thanks for you responses!!!

Andy
advertisement

Comments

• My ortho suggested I try yoga as well. I bought the beginners set and I haven't tried it yet. He also said walking was one of the best things to do too. I must admit that the more active I am, the less my pain is as long as I am consistant. It's hard to push through the pain to get to the point that it starts to feel better. I do feel lousy mentally and physically when I lay around. Like I said though, it's hard to get moving around when you hurt so bad. You should always check with your dr before starting any new activities and I wish you the best of luck.

Merry Christmas!
  • For several years prior to surgery I did yoga and Pilates at a place that specialized in back rehab. I think it is really important to work with someone who really knows back issues so that you don't make things worse. Doing the movements just right can be the difference between helping and hurting. At any rate, I found that it really did help a lot. I felt so much better after each session. My pain management doc encouraged me to continue with this as long as possible - I did so until a month before surgery when acute pain due to a broken off piece of disc ceased most of my activity.
  • I want to check my new insurance to see if they would pay for something like that if it is prescribed because I am not coordinated at all and I'm afraid I would hurt myself.