Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New here

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Spinal Stenosis
Hey, there,

This is JL stands for Judy Lynn and I'm new to all this chat room and online forum stuff, but after coping with chronic pain for the last five years, I can't do it alone anymore. I have family, friends and spiritual support, but even so, dealing with the day in, day out difficulties is trying and overwhelming at times. (as many of you already know :| ) I've been through three pain management docs in the past five years and I am tired of docs being more concerned about DEA agreements than caring for patients (namely, me :( ) It's always about pill counts and just once, I would like to have a doc evalute me before counting pills..Just so you know, I had a failed back surgery including fusion of S1 through L4 of my lower lumbar and laminectomy on all three discs. When I awoke from surgery, my left leg was paralyzed. The surgeron told me I would be fine if I went to physical therapy. Five years later, docs finally agreed I have nerve damage. I have 60 percent use of my left leg and nerve damage, which from what I hear, is irreversible. I am on doc three to date who put me back on lyrica and dropped oxy by 20 mgs a day. I've tried lyrica before, but it gives me vertigo and trouble with my vision. Does anyone else out there have trouble with lyrica? Do symptoms subside? Just wondering...

Anyway, thanks for listening and for being there.

JL,
and since this post is two days before Christmas have a very Meryy to those who celebrate!
advertisement

Comments

• Hi JL That's rough you've been through so much. Chronic pain not believed by Drs is very hard especially that there is proof of damage. The symptoms subsided for me since I took 150mg Lyrica 4X day so it wasn't all at once. I had epidurals which helped at first for the leg pain. I had swollen elephant feet from lyrica so my Dr. gave me lasix 20 mg to get rid of the water and now my skin is very dry. I'm on my 2nd pain Management Dr. I hope you find one who is compassionate and works to help you have less pain and not be so stuck on giving out so much meds. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN