Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

MRI makes no sense

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
After the MRI the doctor daid the finding don't match the pain. My left side is fine and my right side hurts really bad.

Findings:

There is a large disc protrusion at the C6-C7 level that is most central and asymmetric to the left with impression upon the central anterior border of the cervical cord, as well as the bilateral lateral recesses and proximal bilateral C6-C7 neural foramina. No finding for cord edema is identified. The remaining disc space levels appear intact. Intervertebral spacer visualized at the C5-C6 level.

Impression:

Large disc protrusion at the C6-C7 level that is most central and slightly asymmetric to the left with slight impression upon the central/anterior border of the cervical cord, as well as the bilateral lateral recesses and proximal bilateral neural foramina.
advertisement

Comments

• I have a right sided herniated disc and I'm affected on the left side. Though I feel some weakness in the right side. My pain is mostly in my back though now. The epidurals I had mostly helped the sciatica on the opposite side where I was having symptoms. You can have symptoms on both sides also. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • i have heard many people on hear say that the side that is expected to be symptoms free isn't.I don't think its that unusual.you mri does say that the protrusion is slightly left sided but most is in the middle so its not really surprising that your having right sided pain as well.remember when the mri was taken you weren't moving around and doing the stuff you do every day either. Everything moves so when your up your probably putting more pressure on the right side somehow.It astonishes me how doctors say that the symptoms don't match the findings in the mri.i guess they think that people don't do anything all day long but lay on there backs. LOL. :))(
  • until the nerve pain started. My left side always hurt more than my right. It took 7 months after my accident to feel the right side nerve pain kick in. I tell you know you have a problem when you wake up and your arm/hand/some fingers feel like they should be blue- have an intense pulling pressure feel. I had to hold it above my head. I kept telling myself- at least my arm were working...that was no longer. I remember sitting in a day long meeting holding my arm, thinking- I think I want to pass out. It was like the pain of a toothache X10. Well Lyrica, as I have said before has saved the day for me. I am numb, with pain but soo much better. To summarize...your opinions can change...but I hope they don't <):) .