Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New here and need help understanding MRI - Thanks.

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in New Member Introductions
I have been in tremendous pain since Thanksgiving. Just woke up and felt like someone had stabbed me right in between my shoulder and spine on the left side. The pain is like nothing I have ever dealt with before. Finally saw a Dr. after 4 days and got some pain meds (which are barely making a difference, but got an upgrade today so we will see how this one does). Anyways......had the MRI and now have to wait another week for another Dr. to tell me what it means and how to treat, but I am hoping someone here might be able to help me get an idea of what to expect.

This is the MRI report:

C1 & C2: Normal

C3-4: subannular tear posterocentrally. Neural exit foramina are patent bilaterally. No herniation

C4-5: subannular tear posterocentrally. Mild, broad based central disk protrusion is present without compression. Neural exit foramina are patent bilaterally.

C5-6: mild left-sided central disk protrusion causing mild effacement of the left paracentral anterior epidural space. No evidence of compromise of the exiting nerve roots.

C6-7: moderate sized left paracentral disk protrusion causing effacement of the anterior epidural space. Evidence of cord abutment with mild degree of flattening/indentation of the left paracentral ventral aspect of the cervical spinal cord is identified. Neural exit foramina are patent bilaterally. Mild degree of extruded disk component is also suggested migrating inferiorly along the posterior margin of the C7 vertebral body.

Any assistance anyone can give in translating this into something I can understand would be greatly appreciated.

Happy Holidays To All and Thank You,

Amy G.
advertisement

Comments

• It's tough going through so much pain during the holidays well any time for that matter. I hope when you see your Dr. you'll have more answers. www.chirogeek.com This was a helpful site for me. Keep us posted on your progress. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am sorry you are in such pain. :''( i hope you find comfort from those of us here in pain as well. please get a second opinion if ever surgery is advised. =D> the more information you have, the better for you. your doctor is the best person to read your report. he will give you accurate information and be there for your questions. :? good luck as you seek pain relief! Jenny :)
  • I am sorry to hear of your suffering. You have come to the right place for understanding and support. Good luck and please keep us posted.