Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Saying Goodbye To A Friend!!!!!!

PRIESTESSPRIESTESS Posts: 807
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Matters of the Heart
It is with a heavy heart and saddened soul that I must let you all know that one of our own has passed away. Ben aka Agriman died of a heart attack back on October 28th at his home. I have been just recently in contact with his sister and was given permission to let you all know what has happened and to place Ben's obituary here....I will also be providing a link to his sister so that the family may be able to read any messages left to Ben or for the family.

Ben will be missed terribly....he was always there to help any member out that he could , help with problems on the boards and welcome new members. He was wonderful at getting us to laugh which helped so many on our less than better days....he also helped the MODS out tremendously when we came over to the new site by pointing out problems and helping members learn to navigate their way around on the new forum.

I will miss the chats that Ben and I used to have and how he would pick on my daughter....she used to love that and would pick right back. I will miss his warmth and friendship....there are so many things that I can say about how wonderful Ben is but the list would go on and on....

We have lost one of our own friends...let us take the time , especially during this Holiday Season to leave Ben and\or his family a message...let us bring comfort to them by letting them know what he meant to us.....thank you so much to my online family and friends for your time.

Benjamin Kahn Brown

Benjamin Kahn Brown, Jr., 46, of Albany, died Tuesday, Oct. 28, 2008 at his residence.
Funeral services were held at 11 a.m. Friday, Oct. 31 at Baconton Baptist Church. The Rev. Ron Shiver and the Rev. Chad Boyd officiated. Burial was in the Mt. Enon Cemetery.
Born Nov. 7, 1961 in Mitchell County, Brown graduated from Lee County High School in 1979 and received a degree in Industrial Electronics from Albany Technical School. He was a member of Baconton Baptist Church and was employed by Big Bend Agricultural Services of Cairo and had previously worked for Agri-Business Supply Co. of Albany for 20 years.
He was preceded in death by his paternal grandfather, L.E. Brown and his maternal grandparents, Helen C. Hatcher and A.M. Hatcher.
Survivors include one daughter, Haley Elizabeth Brown of Leesburg; one son, Benjamin K. Brown, III “Trey” of Leesburg; his father, Benjamin K. Brown, Sr. of Baconton; his mother, Dell Holton and husband, Howard, of Leesburg; a sister, Vicki Farley and husband, Steve, of Eufala, AL.; a brother, Brad Brown and wife, Stacy, of Leesburg; paternal grandmother, Louise Brown Morrell of Leesburg; four step-brothers, Benjamin Holton and wife, Holly, of Marietta, Luke Holton and wife, LiLi, of Bejing, China, Robert Holton and wife, Angie, of Albany and Jason Holton of Richmond, VA; friend and mother of their children, Amy Tye of Leesburg; and numerous aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews and cousins.
Memorials may be made to The Refuge Church, 1451-D US Hwy 19, Leesburg, Fa 31763 or Baconton Baptist Church, 171 Durham Street, Baconton, GA 31716.
Parker-Bramlett Funeral Home in Camilla had charge of arrangements.

Here is the link:
http://thecamillaenterprise.com/content.aspx?module=ContentItem&ID=106023&MemberID=1322

Goodbye Ben....as we always used to say to each other...."Catch you on the flip side" my friend....Have a very Merry Christmas in Heaven this year!!!!!!!! Much love , Miki
advertisement

Comments

• This is a Tribute poem that Ben's sister has on her MySpace page. Their mother found it in her desk and has no idea where it came from but took it as a sign that her first born son is spending Christmas in Heaven with Jesus this year. I thought it was beautiful and wanted to share it with you all.....

I see the countless Christmas Trees around the world below

With tiny lights,like Heaven's stars,reflecting on the snow

The sight is so spectacular, please wipe away a tear

For I'm spending Christmas with Jesus this year

I hear the many Christmas songs that people hold so dear,

But the sounds of music can't compare to the Christmas choir up here

I have no words to tell you, the joy their voices bring,

For it is beyond description to hear the angels sing

I know how much you miss me, I see the pain inside your heart,

But I am not so far away, we really aren't apart

So be happy for me dear one, You know I hold you dear,

And be glad I'm spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

I sent you a special gift from my heavenly home above,

I sent you a memory of my undying love.

After all, love is a gift, more precious than pure gold,

It was always most important in the stories Jesus told.

Please love and keep each other as my Father said to do,

For I can't count the blessings or the love He has for each of you.

So have a Merry Christmas and wipe away that tear,

Remember, I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

I love you:-)
  • ive just signed into sh on christmas morning to find this sad sad news off Ben.
    my prayers are with his family and friends at this christmas time.
    god bless Ben and peace at last.
    may you rest in peace.
    peace and good will to all his family from across the pond at christmas time.

PEACE PERFECT PEACE

LOVE P

OXO
  • Be at peace now Ben. No more pain or suffering my friend. You will always be here with us in a way that only you could have ever understood. Peace.

"C"
  • Thank you, Ben.

Thank you for always making me feel right at home. Thank you for accepting me and others just the way we are. Thank you for sharing that little piece of heaven with all of us here, by showing and sharing your Love. Thank you for making me smile on those dark nights of the soul. Thank you for allowing the Universe to shine through you so brightly. You are missed, and as you have always known, you are loved.

One Love,

Stephanie
  • I wondered why he was never on anymore to chat, my prayers are with his family. May he rest in peace.
  • Ben

Just signed into SH just now, and came across this news. Tears are falling, for a friend lost. Although we never met, or I hadn't known you as long as others had, you were always there with a joke, a cyber shoulder to cry/lean on, and great advice for whatever the situation was.

My thoughts are with all your family, friends and loved ones, cant imagine how they are feeling at this sad time. Hopefully with time they can see your love shining bright from heaven above, and know that you havent really left them, physically maybe but spiritually you will always be there for them.

Take care my friend, enjoy being pain free, and spare a thought from up above for all of us left down here, missing you heaps.

Love and hugs
    Danni xoxo
  • God opened his arms and welcomed his son into his Holy Kingdom.

Many tears are being shed for you and you will be dearly missed by many.

Rest in Peace Ben.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,733
    I really got to know Ben better in the past past year. He wa a honest straight forward person, never holding back what needed to be said. But what he did, he had such a good sense of humor in doing things.
    I know I will miss his wit, his messages I got daily and so much more.
    I hope that he is now in a better place free from pain.
    Prayers out to his family for getting through this difficult time.
    When it should be a time for joy, life has such a way in announcing sadness for some. We all need strength from whatever source, whatever religion, etc to get past the harder days

Good Bye Ben, I am missing you already! Hope you are now in peace.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • It was nice to read your posts Ben. Condolences to his family and friends who knew him well here. He's on the other side. God saw him suffering and took him away from his pain. Absent from the body, present with The Lord. (2Corinthians 5:8) This is our strength and our belief that one day we will see our loved ones again and there will be no sorrow there. God bless and watch over his family on their first Christmas without their Ben.
    Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • for the wonderful comments and prayers that you are posting for Ben and his family....it is appreciated more than you know. Take care of yourselves and each other....Miki
  • Sorry to hear about Ben passing away,i will say a prayer for him....
  • Though your light has gone, all the souls you touched will carry your love and light onward, planting seeds and growing more as time passes. We will reap the generous harvest you have sown, like fruit from a tree over a dusty trail, many will take it and be nourished and be comforted, some will know the loving hand that planted it, others, will pass by the way and partake, never knowing who planted the seed, but still benefiting from the act.
    Godspeed sir, run on home.
  • Ranchhand said:
    Though your light has gone, all the souls you touched will carry your love and light onward, planting seeds and growing more as time passes. We will reap the generous harvest you have sown, like fruit from a tree over a dusty trail, many will take it and be nourished and be comforted, some will know the loving hand that planted it, others, will pass by the way and partake, never knowing who planted the seed, but still benefiting from the act.
    Godspeed sir, run on home.
    is beautiful...thank you so much for sharing this with us all.

And thank you for the prayers as well everyone.
  • it was a blessing to meet ben, and the many laughs we shared in chat. he brightened everyone's life he came in contact with on sh. he was kind and loveable, and he will be greatly missed. thanks ben for being a friend
  • its very sad to leave but you can watch over us all and join in with our pain and happy moments dear friend. rest in peace and god bless you and all your family. O:) O:) O:)
  • Miki,
    Thank you so much for letting us now.
    I am devastated. Ben and I were such good friends and i have been asking about him lately and well now ........... I just don't get the big picture at times.

Ben always talked of his children, he was so proud, very proud dad. Your dad loved you both very much. He always would remind me that I would survive my youngest (son) and the rewards would be coming and to hang in there.

Ben, thank you so much for all your support, your humor, funny funny man, yet so soft and kind.

You and your children whom we spoke of often and all your family are in my prayers. Till next time my friend.

jane
  • We have lost one of the great 'characters' on spine-health.com Ben was a friend to many and provided support to many others. Ben will be sadly missed.
    Keep positive!

Bruce

...an old timer here and ex-moderator

• RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    I'm at a loss for words on the passing of our friend Benjamin Brown Jr. (aka agriman)
    My thoughts are with you and your family little buddy.
    Your wingman
    Ben (aka Ranger)

• I am at a loss for words as well. Thank you so much for letting us know Miki.

I will miss Ben's rowdy sense of humor. You are right, Bruce he was a character that you just could not forget.

You and your family are in my prayers. Rest in peace. You are gone from us now but never forgotten.
  • I will miss Ben's knowledge, wit and compassion. My condolences to his family.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,733
    meet later at some point, but much later
    Bless you and all that you stood for, I respected you in life and now I know more than ever just what kind of good soul and person you were. All the problems and pain will deal with on a daily basis seem so little when it compares to life.

We will meet again, later.

I love you Ben
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • wanted me to tell you all how much she appreciates all the kind words , well wishes and prayers....she may try to sign onto the forum so that she can thank you all herself. Just know that what all is being said here is so appreciated and that Ben's family will be blessed by this and that is so important....I think that would have made Ben very happy....much love to you all....Miki
  • is so hard to get my mind around. I send my caring and compassion to all his family and friends.
    I really enjoyed his personality and humor...I will miss him alot.

• Ben will truly be missed. He provided us with so many laughs in chat. Hanging out with all of us all night sometimes. Such a true and compassionate person. My prayers are with you and your family. Thanks ben for the many laughs and warm concerns you have expressed.
  • You are missed.

"I am standing upon the seashore. A ship at my side spreads her white sails to the morning breeze and starts for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength, and I stand and watch until at last she hangs like a speck of white cloud just where the sea and sky come down to mingle with each other. Then someone at my side says, 'There she goes!'
    Gone where? Gone from my sight ... that is all. She is just as large in mast and hull and spar as she was when she left my side and just as able to bear her load of living freight to the place of destination. Her diminished size is in me, not in her. And just at the moment when someone at my side says, 'There she goes!' there are other eyes watching her coming and their voices ready to take up the glad shouts 'Here she comes!'

-Henry Van Dyke, A Parable of Immortality
  • :''( we used to pm each other and he was always cheerful and very funny. :) i never knew his age or where he went to church but the love and support we shared made me feel like we were indeed friends. i will miss him. Jenny :(
  • If Heaven welcomes you as much as we will miss you then yours will surely be an eternity of joy. You made so many painful nights easier with your wit and wisdom and I will miss you deeply my friend.

My deepest condolences to the family,

Griff
  • for your continued support of Ben and his family in this thread...it means so much and I think it shows just how wonderful SH and it's members truly are.....you all are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!

We miss you Ben and we love you.....thank you for touching all of our lives in a way that only you could!!!!
  • I woke up this morning to read this thread and my heart is as heavy as it ever has been. Ben was a member way back in the old "Spine Health" days, much as many of us. He was always there for me with words of love, support and compassion. There will be an empty space in my heart now where he used to fill. He will live on in my heart and in my thoughts and memories.

I am simply devastated to hear the news as we all are. My solace is in the fact that he is no longer in pain and in a better place..... at God's feet. Where ever you are Ben, I hope you are getting my prayers and thoughts of love.

I am so sad this morning.

Thank you Miki for this post.

My love and thoughts of support and compassion to his family.

God bless you Ben.

A friend who will be terribly missed,

Amy
advertisement