Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

How to choose a good PT

BlueBBlue Posts: 74
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Exercise and Rehab
I want to get back to PT. I think it is advisable, because it helps with strength, pain, and self confidence toward rehabilitation. I have had 2 PTs so far, first had no clue what nerve damage from neck was, he kept trying to convince me it was carpal tunnel and I knew it wasn't- it was hell pain prior to the LYRICA - a god send. So I moved to PT 2 who had a lot of experience, however was giving me the blame game for why I wasn't showing great strides in impovement. Realistily,this isn't my primary goal, as I know I am heading towards surgery- which I hope will make the big difference. I think we just personsality clashed- not good!

My new pt has to have experience in Neurological/Orthepedic issues, be kind and supportive at the same time. I need my PT with me, playing a central role in the rehailitative process. I just don't know where to find a PT like this, any suggestons? I need your help
advertisement

Comments

• maybe someone can steer u in the right direction if you give your general direction and burn through them if ins allows until your happy. Discuss your thoughts and goals firmly up front going in. If its a large group someone in charge might better match you if they no how you feel.
  • Well PT 2 called me. I knew it would be confrontational and I don't need the stress right now. I was half asleep when she called, so I did not sugar coat my words. Yep...it done. I need to find a new pt in the new year. I couldn't believe her, she asked if I had talked to my doctor...the nerve...I am a adult! Well lets just say it was a good decision to move on. I just have to find a good pt in the new year, pray for me!