Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

myelogram

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
Just had a ct/myelogram done Christmas eve. Went really well. Not much pain with the procedure at all. In fact, I didn't even feel the needle go into my spine - I did, however, feel the needles that had numbing solution in them.

I would like to know if anyone else has had this done... probably everybody here has, I know. Just curious to know how much this test actually shows up in comparison to an MRI. I'm hoping they find a disc fragment or scar tissue that can be removed.

csp
advertisement

Comments

• I had one done in November, an MRI will not show a clear pic because I have hardware in my neck so it has to be a CTscan or the myelogram which is a CTscan with dye. Mine was not bad at all, did not feel a thing and they even turned me up on my head so the dye would go in the cervical area. Mine showed a bulging disc above my fusion.

Sharon
  • The purpose of myelogram is to see if there is compression of the actual nerve roots nerves themselves; if there is the surgeons will often add a decompression. The myelogram provides information that doesn't always show up on CT or MRI. And yes, many of us have had one.
  • i have the same problem and am going to have myelogram Monday. I've had it before with a little reaction. Did they tell you to leave the disk alone?