Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pain in Big toe when I stand on heal??

MingMMing Posts: 1,127
I was messing around today and standing on my heals because the doc made me do it and I didn't know why. Anyway, I noticed I have this shooting pain, almost like the pins and needles feeling in my big toe when I stand on my heals. Has anyone else had this happen or know why this happens?? I've never walked around on my heals before but did it just for the heck of it today. It must have something to do with the nerves.
advertisement

Comments

• I have the sensation that my toe could be used as a taser gun at times but its not exclusive to being on my heel. I had drop foot and my foot is coming alive again so all of it for me is nerve issues. I would imagine it would be nerves as well, something about being on your heel must pull on a nerve and send pain. More than likely the peripheral one if you have a compression on your sciatic. Wish I knew a little more for ya, but there is a couple cents for ya :)
    Erica
  • I think you may be the reason I was trying to walk on my heals. I remember reading a post the other day and someone mentioned shooting lightning out of their big toe like a superhero and that's all I could think of when I was standing on my heals. It was only my left big toe though and my pain is mostly on the right side. Very weird, although I am a weird person =))
  • Yeah,
    Im sure that was me with the super hero toe. If the pain in my toe would actually work like a tazer I said I could start fighting city crime. How funny that your walked on your heels thinking of that. If you produce a bolt of lightning let me know and we will team up and pick out our super suits.
    erica
    As far as your pain goes...i have no idea like you said its a little wierd. not anything i personally experienced because i couldnt walk on my heels until recently.
  • Big toe pain is classic of L5 nerve root irritation.
  • Just to forewarn you, my favorite color is pink and I don't care too much for dresses but I am sure we can work something out =)) . My first task as a super hero is to tap away all our spiney friends' pains. We would we have capes too cuz that would be cool B) I also like the color of bright green (like in your shirt) with pink.
  • What would we call ourselves if we possesed the power to rid the streets of crime and save our spiney friends? I am totally good with the color choices and capes. Its a good thing we could send tazers from our toes because i cant move that fast yet lol. We also need a pimpin car with plenty of pillows for cushion, which i think should be pink as well with green and white seats. :-C
  • I am not good with names. Maybe our spiney friends can help us out with that one. I don't move fast either. We have to make sure our seats have lumbar support as well =)) We are on our way to save the world and zap those chronic back pains away from all.
  • we need input on a good name for out super special big toe powers. Time to wipe out spinal problems once and for all one toe shock at a time. :? thinking of a name for us...and yeah that one post its L5 pinching inflamation.
  • how about
    Pink and Green Toe Tazing Team.....
    like i said im sleepy lol
  • We are determined to become super heros shooting out powers from our big toes to zap all chronic pain in our spiney friends'. We are at a loss for incredible super hero names. Please read our posts above for more info.

Thanks to all who have contributed. =))
  • I think I already suggested The Electric Toe. If you had a spinal cord stimulator, we could call you The Vibrator. Titanium Terror. Disc Defender. Fusion Fighter. Herniation Helper. The Nervenator.

One time my family and I were joking around about rap artists' names and we gave ourselves rap names. They named me "Triple V." Stands for Vicodin, Vistaril, and Valium.
  • You're good at superhero names. I will let you all know tomorrow what I decide as I am signing out for the night.
  • Well, it's not that I'm that creative. My muse comes from the prescription store in little bottles.
  • ernurse, those are great names. i personally liked the nervenator, not sure the vibrator would come across the way its meant to, lol. Just waiting on Ming, come up with anything yet haha. Finally a light hearted spin on electric feet. who knew...
    erica

thank you triple v for your names very very funny :))(
  • I think I am going to go with Fusion Fighter. It's a lot easier to cope if we can make some fun out of it. Thanks for the help triple V.
  • my superhero side kick, aka the Fusion Fighter. So our new names are the Fusion Fighter and Nervonator, together we can help out our spiney friends through sucessful fusing and getting rid of pesty nerve pain!!! I will order our outfits soon lol. Your right there is some room for humor, it does make it easier. Laughter is always a good cure. PM me anytime, or if you see a big N or FF in the sky you know what to do...off to the "back mobile" hahahaha.
    Erica
  • I'll be the Butler. The "back" phone is for you. =))
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I laughed so hard when I read the new comments =)) =)) =)) I was having computer problems so I couldn't get on for a little while and boy did I miss you guys. Hey Nervonator, I think we need to post a message to let everyone know our quest. :-C Butler Charry, what do you think of this? I love your last part..."to the back mobile"
  • Hey, don't forget my mission to find the perfect cocktail of meds so that we can be pain free! Triple V represents!
  • I better get on my back phone to BackWoman and Robone, I mean Fusion Fighter and the Nervonater. to help you right away! No really Zach use some heat and hope you feel better. Charry(The Butler did it)
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Maybe Triple V can whip you up a nice cocktail to get you on your way. Thanks for the call Charry :-C

I hope you are feeling better Zach. When is your surgery date? It's coming up soon isn't it?
  • Zach-

As I fly over, I'll sprinkle pixie dust(dilaudid dust) on your house. Hope that helps.

Zach and I have surgery the same day, 1/8/09.

Triple V.
  • I wish you guys the best of luck on your surgery in case I don't get a chance to chat with you before then. I will be praying for the both of you and hope this surgery will bring success and a smooth, quick recovery.

Happy New Year <:P
advertisement