Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Doing the Best I can

GreyEagleGGreyEagle Posts: 350
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Pain Management
:< Hi everyone! I trust you all had a wonderful Holiday! I did the best I could with the flu. At least the flu is over now.

I went to bed about 10:30 pm tonight. I'm up again after midnight because the pain in both my arms (left has always been worse) woke me up. I take Vicodin 5/500 1x a day and lyrica 100 mg 3x a day. Originally the Vicodin was 3x day. My DO reduced it because he said if he didn't it would be much more difficult to control post-surgical pain.

I had to postpone my appt with my second opinion neurosurgeon (referred to me by my primary neurosurgeon) because of severe weather to Jan 13th. Last week we had 70 to 90 mph sustained winds one night along with all the snow. the snow finally ended today and we have 3 feet of snow outside our door.

Anyway, I just needed to share this.

Thanks much,

Ken GreyEagle
Greyeagle
advertisement

Comments

• I'm glad that you were able to recover enough to enjoy the holidays. I know changing your appointment date has got to be hard. I hate playing the waiting game.
  • my friend , it is good to hear from you. I am glad that you are over the flu...that can be some nasty stuff....sorry about the increased pain but hopefully all that will be taken care of soon. I will keep praying for you , as always.....keep us posted.....take care.....Miki
  • Thanks so much Miki and Tonya!

Its the night after Christmas and my flu finally went away! 4 days of it! The other good news is we are finally getting warm enough weather that the precipitation turned to rain. Since we had 3 feet plus of snow its a soggy mess outside. We still can't walk in our own backyard. Its too deep! lol

I'm taking my morphine and lyrica and doing the best I can.

I noticed in your tagline you were diagnosed with Fibromyalgia as well, Miki. I had a doctor give me that diagnosis years ago. I really don't know much about it. I can touch any spot on my body, put pressure on and it feels inflamed.

Anyway, thanks again for your reply. I'll try to send you another couple of Cherokee stories later this week or early this week when I feel up to it!

GreyEagle :H
    Greyeagle
  • Hey Ken~

I'm glad to read that you've beaten that flu bug to it's death! ;) I absolutely hate the flu more than anything! Doesn't matter to me if it's the "achy" flu, or the "tummy/intestinal" flu...I hate them both! =;

I admire your strength and your wisdom. Seems like even when you're down you don't admit it...you just keep pulling your way right back up! I wish I could be more like that! Seems like when I'm down, I'm down for the count-until someone comes along and literally PULLS me back up! I'm working on it, and I just wanted to tell you that when I read posts like the ones you write (not necessarily this one, or any "one", but all of them, in general), it's a great boost and gives me a glimmer of hope that I'll be able to pull myself back up on my own one day....

You're a true fighter my friend! Your strength and courage truly are admirable!

You're in my prayers-hope you feel better soon (successful surgery and all that jazz).

God bless!
  • :H Thanks so much for the nice words,EMT. I guess that 'fighting' 'do not give up' spirit comes from my family. As far back as I know my family had to be that way to keep our culture/spirituality/identity as Tsalagi (Cherokee) going. We don't know any other way to be.

I'm just happy the snow is finally melting outside. It sure has been a snowy, cold start to winter here! And not that I think about it all these cervical-spinal issues we are all fighting with are probably going to be worse with the cold weather hitting.

Thanks again!

Ken GreyEagle
    Greyeagle
advertisement