Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Saturday Morning Weigh-In Week 2

stockbrokersstockbroker Posts: 464
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Diet, Nutrition, Weight Loss
Boy, did I luck out again, considering the candy, cookies and nuts (I did have some but I watched it but still it was a lot more "sweeties" that usual. Worse, I had a steroid injection AND I've been taking Lyrica. So, as you can imagine, I was afraid to hop on the scale. When I did, the magic number was 166.2. I'm holding steady. (At least my weight is steady even if I'm not). I'll treat this like a pregnancy scare and stay away from those carbs like you suggested, PIB. Susan.
advertisement

Comments

• I am interested in joining your weight loss group, however I don't have a scale and am afraid to get one. In the passed, I've let the scale control my life and moods for the day. I weighed myself with clothes, without clothes, before shower vs after shower, before going to the bathroom then again after I went and so on through out the day. It became an obsession. Now I try to go by how my clothes fit. I've gained over 60lbs since summer of 2007 and am having trouble losing it after a combo of antidepressants, muscle relaxers, narcotic pain meds, steroid injections, depression, inactivity etc. I know I've lost weight in the last month or two because my pants are too big but I am afraid to step on the scale. Is there a way to join your group without weighing in? I think just being with a group and commenting on my good and bad days as far as eating may help. I've been a lifetime member of weight watchers and swear by the program, however I don't have the money to rejoin and because I've gained so much of my weight back, I would have to pay each weigh in until I get back to my goal weight.
  • The Saturday Weigh-In is very liberal in its rules. We don't have any. You are more than welcome to join and do your thing anyway you want. I actually felt the same way you did. I didn't want to know how much I weighed. All I knew was I kept having to buy bigger and bigger clothes. Finally, I broke down and bought a good scale and, after the initial shock, have been working on lowering that number. One thing nice about this forum is we all understand. Most of us have gained weight. We just don't exercise like we used to. So, whatever you think will work for you, Ming, Welcome.
  • stockbroker,its a sunday we weigh in,sure weve doing it for months now,il just blame the meds lol so ive just started a the sunday thread
  • Sorry that I did not check in on Saturday. Got my 3 month old grandson yesterday and did not have time to log on at all. I managed to gain only .5 lb this week (I did weigh on Saturday just did not have time to post). That puts me at a whopping 245 even.
    Susan, Boy what I would give to see 166! Good going though at least the Holidays did not effect you too much. I really am seeing what those carbs do to my husbands blood sugar. He has to check it 2 x a day and it really tells the tale of whether or not what we ate was good or bad. If we keep the carbs under 60 grams it really keeps his blood sugar in check. Also, nothing is forbidden. If he must have that tiny piece of cake then he must give up another carb at dinner. We both really see how much better we feel when staying at 60 grams or less per meal of carbs.
    Michele, Glad to see that you are joining in. We will try and support each other through thick and thin (pun intended).
    Good luck to all for next week.
    PS I might be scarce around here for this week as it has been 28 years since I have cared for a 3 month old. It is taking its toll already and I will have him and his 7 year old brother until Friday. I will check in when I can
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.