Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

So Over It Is Home!!!!

so over itsso over it Posts: 51
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi guys just had enought strength to post my expercience. I was so calm surgery day....cracking jokes until I woke up in recovery with the worst pain :jawdrop: I old t he nurse we need meds and she said I had some and I said check again this isn't working. First night at hospital was breeze until they took cath out and I had to use restroom on my own. I delevoped I mild fever but was kept comfy. I was discharged on Tuesday with no BM :jawdrop: I wouldn't worry though...think thats about to be history soon =)) My pain level is 6 when I'm up. They have me on percocet & valium @) so I am quite out of it. Don't really have an appetite and staples itch. Think Laxatives are working now =)) TTYL
advertisement

Comments

• I am so familiar with most of the feelings you are having. I know that they are terrible right now! They will get better with time though. Promise. :)

One Love,

Stephanie
  • That's great news that you're home okay. I hope your recovery goes well. Thanks for letting us know. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I pray that you have a speedy recovery. The first 2-3 weeks are the worst but it is so much better being home than in the hospital. I am glad to hear you are doing well and be sure to listen to docs restrictions and watch the BLT's. Listen to your body and don't overdo it and make sure you get pretty of rest so your body can recoup.
  • Merry Christmas and Happy New Year so over it....Glad you are home and that you are not in as much pain. When you are up to it, can you give me some tips and share your experiences with your surgery? I am getting surgery probably at the end of Jan. Until we hear from you again, take care! Hang in there and get well soon.
    Laura
  • :) good luck as you focus on your recovery! =D> check in whenever you feel awake enough to fill us in on your progress. I) be sure and follow ALL the doctor's orders!! no lifting and bending for sure!! :T Jenny :)
  • . . . happy that you are home and on the backside, heading to recovery!!!!
  • The best medicine I received was being home. Follow the doctor's orders and you will be fine. If you don't have the "grabber" tool then make sure you get one. I use that all the time -- it's amazing how many times you actually need it.

Take care and keep us posted.
advertisement