Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

week 51 oh dear

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Diet, Nutrition, Weight Loss
just weighed myself after the wedding yesterday and i ve put 2 pounds on,but it was 2 pounds off fun so im not going to beat myself up about it,il just get back on the wagon again as they say

im sure like me theres been far 2 much good things to eat at in your homes and you don t want to deprive yourself at xmas,so knows the chane for a new you in the new year,Are you with me?
advertisement

Comments

• well I will have to join in the weight loss programme and yes it is yo yo dieting but well life has its ups and downs and ins and outs lol.
    What else can I live for?
  • nayshiftin, welcome!! :H it is alot of ups and downs but i am happy to not have gained more than two pounds since i joined. it seems that taking off the weight is an added bonus. =)) glad to have you join us!! <:P benji, i gained 2 pounds as well. i am aiming to take that off by next week though. =)) well, atleast not gain anymore!! 8} it is a new week and will be a New Year!! <:P i have high hopes we will all shed some pounds. Jenny :)
  • Yes 2lb is a blessing. All the best for the New Year and thanks for the welcome
  • in total i ve lost since joining any i know i would not have done so without weighing in every sunday.jenny 2 pounds each,we ll get it off,don t worry.
    Ive made a suggestion to the other folk in the forum that we come together and share are knowledge,we can all benifit from each other then
  • I'm glad you had a nice time at the party. Christmas goodies are hard to resist for me so I didn't even weigh myself I just noticed my clothes are very tight on me. I got a strider machine to work out on and it's like cross country skiing. I'm also still doing my 30 minutes everyday on the recumbent bike. For sure it's about weight loss but it's also learning good eating habits and a excercise routine. Most of us gained weight when we weren't able to excercise due to pain so just doing what you can now is what's important. That's great you lost so much Benji. I hope I can get back to my "skinny clothes" Have fun everyone and see you next week. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • :) charry, your attitude sounds like you are ready to get some looser clothes and start exercising. <:P it is a matter of good health as well. having lower blood pressure,reducing the risk of strokes,and many more problems can be eliminiated with a good diet. =D> i keep my blood pressure low with diet and my cholesterol as well. good luck as you start the New Year on your toys!! <:P i want to know how you do for sure!! i plan on rapping up my walking and add a bike ride or two a week if i can. good plans for us all. =D> see you next week! Jenny :)
  • I would like to join your weight loss group. I have a slight issue with the scale so I no longer have one in my home. I am a compulsive weigher so I can't have one around, therefore, I won't be weighing in. However, I would like to stay in touch and receive the support as far as portion control, getting back to my healthy eating lifestyle and making better choices. I do want to make this a lifestyle change and not a diet since I am not very successful once I put the word diet out there. It seems temporary and I need to relearn how to eat healthy for life. Can you tell that I am an ex-lifetime weight watcher? Due to back pain and meds, I've gained over 60lbs pounds so I am no longer a lifetime member. I really want to get this weight off so that I can start to feel better.

I made a huge step today. I finally unwrapped the beginner's yoga set I bought months ago and did 15 minutes of that and dusted off the eliptical and did 15 mins of that and did 5 mins stretching so I am at my high point and ready to kick into this health lifestyle of eating all over again. I hope my option to not weigh in is not going to be a problem. I don't trust myself with a scale as I let it run my life and determine my mindset for the moment based on what the number says.

See you lighter...I mean later lol.
    Michele
  • please join us in the new year/new me post.weve decided to have one big group so we can give more help and support 2 each other
  • is a good eating programme i try 2 follow it as best i can ,don t worry about weighingurself ur clothea will tell u if u have lost or put on weight ,please do join us on the other post,we will b glad 2 have u
  • :D Ming, be sure and drop by the new weight loss forum. =D> no need to even get on a scale if you don't want to!! that can come later if at all!! hope to see you there!! :H Jenny :)
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.