Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Grief

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Matters of the Heart
several friends have passed away this month unexpecdtedly. 1 just 25 yrs old. Its so sad how ppl canm be hre one minute and gone the next with no opportunity for goodbyes.
I hope they rest in peace and that my friend B copes with this devastating loss of her ex- whose last words were to her were less than compassionate. Its sad that he never had the opportunity to take them back and that she feels terribly guilty like she was in some way responcible for his actions.
I feel terribly uselessand no words can comfort
not sure what to say or do to try and help. Its hard to physically be there either due to locality and dogs and chronic pain etc and i'm not sureif my presence wld help anyway.
Its sad how it takes a death to bring people together. Tmrw i will be visiting some friends i haven't seen in a while and remind them i still care.
advertisement

Comments

• I am sorry hear of your grief and sadness. I wish I could say something to make you feel better. Maybe this is somehow a sign to make sure you make the best of everyday and be sure that you never leave a conversation with harsh words. I don't know anything about you so I am not blaming you of anything. I am just here to comfort. I pray you will heal from you sadness and chronic pain shortly.
  • I'm so sorry for your loss of loved ones. Having been in their shoes, I can say to you that it's not the words you say, but rather that they know you are there for them. Don't offer platitudes, just let them vent, cry, or whatever they need to do to get better. And know that it will probably take them a long time for them to get to a better place with the grief.
  • You just have to be there, that's all you can do for your friends. The fact that you've "come back" to them will mean more than words can ever say.

Sorry you've had so many losses; we had three significant losses in our family this year, and I have to say that our friends are what got us through it. You have the right to grieve, too, so don't feel bad if you go to support your friends and cry a few tears with them....it's natural.

Take care, and be good to yourself, too.

Tracy