Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

change in therapy

tammycttammyc Posts: 894
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi there everyone!
I finally had my assessment for the whiplash.the passed week i've just been getting some ultra sound on my neck and middle back and heat and tens on my neck area.He didn't want to do to much because it was so close to the holidays but after new years he's changing my therapy sessions from two days a week to three.My massage therapist went away for the holidays ,took a two week vacation and i'm getting so stiff and sore that i'm thinking of buying a ticket and joining him just to get a massage. =)) I've had a headache now for two days and i just want to take my neck and stretch the hell out of it and make the pain stop.Hopefully all the heat and stretching will start to help very soon and i can get back on track.I hope everyone has a pain free and happy new year!! <:P
advertisement

Comments

• Hi tammyc:

I sure hope you get rid of that headache soon! No fun! Hopefully also the heat and stretching will facilitate healing!

Was your whiplash since your acdf surgeries or the surgeries the result of the whiplash? I'm just wondering. My case is just plain DDD partially genetics, partially years and years bad posture at computers I'm told. No traumatic injuries here.

Ken GreyEagle
    Greyeagle
  • Glad they are taking care of you. Yup the holidays present a challenge when it comes to outpatient care. The best we can hope for is for them to pass quickly and life to get back on track soon. At least that's how I feel about it.

Can you get to a fitness center where they might have a spa or sauna or something with real intense moist heat?

"C"
  • Well my husband has a hot tub at his work. he works for the hilton but he's off for the holidays so i don't think i'll be able to convince him to take me there for a nice soak. :))( I had three hours of therapy this afternoon and they did manage to relax my neck a bit. at least my headache isn't as bad as it was yesterday.I've been taking hot baths and trying to heat my neck up as much as i can to relax the muscles.

Grey Eagle
    my whiplash was caused from a car accident,i was on my way to therapy and was rear ended. i had my surgery in april,cervical stenosis,with spinal cord compression at three levels.the car accident happened at the end of october.Just more problems to deal with LOL. 8}