Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I am a newbie!!!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in New Member Introductions
My name is Marie and I have alot going on and I am just looking for support, friends and advice. I am 43 years old and have applied for disability over a year ago and waiting for my hearing to be set soon..I could sure use some prayers for favor!!! I have diabetes type 1, neuropathy in my legs, Thoracic Outlet syndrome as well as neuropathy in my arms, fibromyalgia, insomnia, chronic pain, djd of spine, osteoarthritis, hypertension, depression (can't imagine why)and I have suspicions of having Rhuematoid Arthritis. I have had alot of bloodwork done and there are a few things out of wack, but nothing remarkable to speak of. My feet are in a terrible mess and it is very painful to walk the majority of the time. I was told at one point that I was sero-negative arthritis then the doctor changed his mind and said I have fibromyalgia. I have had a nerve conductive study done recently and MRI's. I apparently have a pinched nerve and several bulging disc in my lower spine and a lesion on my c-5/c-6 area. I had neck surgery back in 2003 and to tell you the truth I do not think it did any bit of good! i get really bad headaches if I do not rest my head on the back of a chair or if at a table I have to use my arms to prop it up. If I lean back on a chair and if it pushes my head to much foward I will get a headache...it is very ridiculous! I have had several injections in my spine and hips as well as SI Joints...none of them have given me any relief. I am supposed to set up an appointment to have nerver root injections, but I am very apprehensive and I do not want to continue to waste anyones time and rack up my insurance if they do not work. Back in 2003 the doctors thought I had lupus the polymyalgia rheumatica,,,no one really knows for sure what is going on with me! :''( I am getting quite discouraged and aggravated so I think it is time for me to try to make some friends as I am isolated and unable to work and my poor hubby is working two jobs to try to keep us above water. Thank you for having this forum!

advertisement

Comments

• Hi Marie,
    Sure does sound like you've been through a lot. I'm also new here and it helps so much to have this board to talk to people who can relate to what your going through and who can offer some hope.
    I will pray for favor for your up coming hearing. The bright side to this is if they give you disability, you will get a big check that is retroactive to 5 months after you were disabled. My husband just got on disability and he didn't get money for the first 5 months, but then got a check for all the months after.
    I know dealing with all this could be depressing, but I try to not think about it too long, to not dwell on it because it will only make me feel worse. Coming on here and talking to other people, like talking to you now, helps me to get my focus off of me and makes me feel good to maybe help someone else
    It certainly isn't good to be isolated, so you did the right thing by coming on here and sharing your heart with us........so keep sharing!

Kim
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i hope you are feeling better soon. =D> the forum is a good place to come to relax and vent your feelings. stop by anytime! :D good luck as you seek pain relief! Jenny :)