Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

HI EVERYONE GLAD TO FIND SOME PEOPLE WHO UNDERSTAND

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in New Member Introductions
:))( HI I'M 47 YEAR FEMALE WHO WAS DIAGNOSISED WITH SPONDYLOLISTHESIS 26 YEARS AGO, PUT OFF SURGERY TILL 2005 L5/S1 PLIF. DID WELL AFTER SURGERY ALOT OF PAIN, TOOK 2 YEARS TO GET OVER HAVE HAD EPIDURAL INJECTIONS FOR PAIN EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE. MY PROBLEM IS THAT I HAVE BEEN HAVING WHAT I THINK IS SCIATICA PAIN IN MY BOTTOM AND RADIATING DOWN RIGHT LEG. MY FAMILY DOCTOR GAVE ME A MEDROL DOSE PACK WHICH HELPED NOW HAS WORE OFF PAIN BACK, I GET DISCOURAGED BECAUSE I CANT EVEN SWEEP MY FLOORS MY MOTHER AT AGE 74 DOES THEM FOR ME. I CALLED MY NUEROSURGEON WITHOUT A REPLY FOR TWO DAYS, I FEEL IT HAS BEEN 5 YEARS AND THEY EXPECT MY FAMILY DR TO HANDLE THINGS NOW, ANYONE HAVE SUGGESTIONS THANKS--SRY TO BE SO WHINNY ON FIRST POST
advertisement

Comments

• Hello,
    You found many people that understand here. We all get Winny at times. Don't be discouraged, I'm sure you would do anything for your Mother if she was having pain. She just wants to help you and be thankful you have a mother that understands and helps. You will see that many here don't have anyone who understands. I am fortunate to have a wonderful husband that understands, and helps me whenever possible.
    If it was me, I would call and make an appointment with the Neurosurgeon, they have so many patients and may not call back after such a long time since treating you and the holidays have messed up all the doctors schedules.
    From what I understand from my doctor, it is good that the dose pack helped, hopefully they can find a med that will also help long term. Make sure you tell your other docs when you see or hear from them that the dose pack helped you. I never had any pain relief from the steriod dose pack.
    I hope you find a doctor to help diagnose your pain very soon and that you get relief quickly. Let us know what happens and how you are doing.

Stacey
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am sorry you are having chronic pain. :''( i have nerve pain as well and use the nerve pain medication, Lyrica. it has worked really well despite some of the side effects. there are others you might talk to your doctor about. please have a look around and make yourself at home. =D> good luck as you seek treatment. Jenny :)
  • i guess i have gotten depressed i loved to garden and take care of my home i thought that if i had the surgery all the years of pain would go away i had about two years of relief and now i guess im scared i have something new going on. the pain i'm sure is sciatica but what has flared it up i'm not sure, i pray inflamation. when i had surgery they told me the myelin sheath was gone from s1 nerve and i had raw nerve roots exposed so i guess im fortunate to be walking, my most discouraging thing is i think i take pain well and when i tell the dr's im hurting and i know something is wrong they kinda dismiss it. they were way attentive before surgery and for 6 months after now it's like i'm a pain in thier butts. the nuerosurgeons are in charlotte nc and are the nascar nuerosurgeons and come highly recommended. i worked in a hospital for 24 years so i did do my research on them. thanks for letting me vent
  • knubbsm, I'm 51 with 9 years of this crappola going on. I tip my hat for you being able to deal through your ordeal...knowing your head is held high the whole time (or at least most of it)...so I hope you can get to the bottom of everything...keep everyone postd
  • I'm on amitriptyline and Lyrica for nerve pain and that's helping. Your PCP could order tests if he wants while you're waiting for Neuro to call you back. Or a referral to someone else for a second opinion. There's nothing wrong for seeking medical attention when you're in pain. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I think that alot of surgeons have somewhat of a "god complex". They do not want to believe or admit that you could possibly be in pain after they have done surgery to correct the problem. Have you tried a pain management doc? Long term meds may be your only option but there are also other things that they can try. Good luck and please keep us posted.
advertisement