Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

MRI results & am I abusing the rxs?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I saw the physiatrist today. This is what the mri report says: Loss of normal cervical lordosis. Staightening of spine c2-6. Slight reversed lordosis. Intervertebral disc space hydration and height diminished at c5-6 & 6-7 mild. Canal demonstrates no mass. Cord-no expansion. Cerebellar tonsil low- 4.5mm below foramen magnum. Mild posterior buldge 2mm c6-7. Dr said it shows my spine is stable. He is recommending another facet jt injection at c2-3 level. He said that I'm taking alot of medication. I was suprised becz when I first saw him and had my first injection 6 months ago he said my meds were no problem becz I am taking such a low amount. (I was concerned about weaning after the injection- I had hoped the pain would be gone after the injection) I'm still taking the exact same amount of medication. 2 tramadol 37.5/325 and 3 vicodin 5mg over 24 period. Is that alot of medication? I didn't think so- it just makes life functionable.If I don't take the meds, it hurts! Two injections at c-5-6 & c4-5 provided little relief for a short time. Also, today he wrenched my head back, far and hard and it still hurts. Do I need to find another doc? How do I do that?
advertisement

Comments

• Is the doctor that said that the same doc who prescribed them?

He just kind of "threw that out there" or was he actually complaining about it?

Certainly doesnt seem like that much to me!!!

Maybe he was just having an "annoyed day". I swear some doctors have those. You'll see them many times and they are fine then you walk in there one day and they jump on you for anything. LOL.. Doctor PMS!
  • I got a 2nd opinion pain mangement Dr. and am getting a 2nd opinion Orthosurgeon in January. It's not right he hurt your head. I hope this injection works for you. My family PCP Dr. gives my meds. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • i am on almost the same meds for very similar cervical disc problems. Tramadol and 2 10 mg. vics a day. Depending on your Dr., they will fluctuate on what they give and what they tell you. I basically had to tell them to give me the 10 mg. because i was taking too many 5 mgs.w/tylenol I am still undermedicated as it depends on your tolerance. I decided to wait to talk to the neurosurgeon when i see him for my consulation. I am at the beginning stage of finding out options after the MRI.
  • You are taking far fewer meds than anyone I know. You aren't abusing them if you need them for the relief they provide. You have 3 little ones to care for.
    Let me put it to you like this: Abuse is when someone makes up symptoms to get pain meds from a doctor. They doctor shop until they find one and then they ingest the medicine for that "high feeling" effect they get.
    People who have real pain are not abusers or users. They may become physically dependent but as long as your pain is real then no one would ever call you an abuser.
advertisement