Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Scheduled--Update at end*~*Good News*~*

eajosepheeajoseph Posts: 315
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I haven't been on much lately. Trying to get things organized and ready for my upcoming surgeries.

On 12/31 I go in for outpatient surgery to have the left lobe of my thyroid removed.

Then on 1/12 I go in for 2 360 degree fusions. L4-S1

I'm not worried about the thyroid surgery. Doing it to be careful. A nodule that was aspirated came back indeterminate. The surgeon and other docs are pretty sure it's nothing. This came up on a MRI of my neck and shoulders. If it's cancer, it's really early and should completely removed with the surgery.

I'm pretty scared of the back one though. I won't lie to anyone about that. I had to go off my Celebrex for the first surgery and have been living in horrible pain ever since it got out of my system. I can go back on it for five days then will have to stop for the second surgery. Joy joy joy. Fortunately, I got fitted for my back brace on Monday. It helps a little but of course it doesn't take away the pain.

I'm hoping that all of you are doing well. I'll check back in when I get a little time.
advertisement

Comments

• I wish you all the best for both surgeries and hope all the tests come back normal. You've overcome alot before and I know you'll be allright. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Thanks! I've been thinking about you a lot. Hope all is going well with you and that you are enjoying the holidays.
  • I hope the new year really will be your year for less pain, better movement and more energy! Hope springs eternal-as it should.

I know it may be awhile till we heard from you again, but please be assured many of us will be thinking of you! :X
  • Best wishes on both of your upcoming surgeries! We'll be here for you when you need us.
  • I wish you luck with your surgeries!! Just remember that the pain will gradually get better with time.
  • I'm home and doing well from the thyroid surgery. It was benign! Little sore when swallowing butI expected that. One down, one to go.

Thanks for all your support. I know the back surgery will be much more difficult.
  • Congradulatons, that is really good news. I hope everything goes just as well for your second surgery. Best wishes for 2009, and I will be thinking of you. You are in good hands. Please let us know the outcome.
  • Well I've got an update on my thyroid surgery. The surgeon called today and the results from the initial frozen biopsy was wrong. I have cancer. It's very small and well within the thyroid. I will be undergoing surgery on Tuesday to remove the other half of the thyroid to make sure the cancer had not gotten there yet. I have about a 98% chance at a 20+ year survival rate. Thank God this was detected so early and is being treated promptly.

I'm kind of stunned by all of this. I wasn't worried about the thyroid stuff. The surgeon said I'll still be able to go ahead and do the back surgery on 1/12. Wonder if the hospital offers a discount for frequent procedures. ;) Three surgeries in three weeks should count.
  • So glad they caught it early too. Good luck with your surgery on Tuesday, hope it is 100% successful!

The hospital may not offer a frequent surgery discount but they should all know you by name and your favorite jello / popsicle flavors. And I love your quote :)))
    -Melissa
  • I'm so relieved they caught it early. I don't know how you handle all of this, and prepare for your upcoming surgeries. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, and we'll be with you all the way. Please keep us posted on how you are, take care >:D<
  • Wow, that's a lot of news. I am so glad it was found early. >:D< I am praying that everything is succeesful in your upcoming surgeries.
    Please remember we are all here for you!
    Kim
  • You're a strong woman to go through 3 surgeries in a short time. It's good they caught everything early. I hope things turn out well for you. Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you through this time. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I am glad they found it early..you sound very positive; which always helps! I will be thinking of you.
    Donna
  • Beth,

I am going to keep you in my thoughts. Good luck! With your positive attitude, you will make it!

Gentle hugs,

Kin
  • My thyroid surgeon called today. The right lobe was completely benign!!! The tiny little cancer in the left lobe had not spread at all. I am so thankful to God that this was caught so early. I'll be getting bloodwork done for a while to check my calcium and replacement thyroid levels but that's ok. I don't mind going to the lab. I've been blessed and feel fortunate beyond words. Thanks to all of you for your supportive words, prayers, and wonderful thoughts.

The back surgery is a go for Monday. This is what I'm afraid of. But I'll worry about it on Monday.
  • Today was week 4 from my PLIF with diskectomey and biopsy of sacral tumor. It does get better. I have alot in common A i Hve had 8 surgeries in past 14 months. Couple female, couple shouloder, carpal tunnel and biopsy. So we will survive,, I wish you much luck on your fusion. Its to early to see anything for me, but after 2 1/2 years of narcotics and trying to find the problem, I know its gotta be a great spring. I will be thinking of you on your surgery day. Good Luck and keep those positive thoughts. They really help. :H
  • I'm so glad for you. I know how scary that "C" word can be. It's great that they caught it early. I know how relieved you must be about that now. >:D< Now you can focus on your next surgery. You will remain in our thoughts and prayers.
  • That's great news on your thyroid. Good luck with your back surgeries.

Cheri
advertisement