Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My ACDF did not help my migraines

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi

I'm Paula from Trinidad West Indies. I had an ACDF on October 2, 2008 and have been at home since. My pain does not seem to go away and the migraines that I had I still have even though the ACDF was supposed to help. My neck pain seems so bad on some days and so much better on other days. I will start physio some time next month because my back and neck muscles are so stiff and painful. This site is a godsend. I really want to go back out to work but I want to be ready. Any advice

P.
advertisement

Comments

• Maybe you just need more time to heal. This place is great, as many people who have similar surgeries are more than willing to share their experiences and support each other.
  • I had 3-lvl ACDF on Oct. 21 and, like you, I have good days and bad days. My surgeon says that's normal and not to expect things to get better until after physical therapy, which I'll start the end of the month.

I'm on my third week back to work, part time, and it's difficult, as I sit at a computer for my job. Be sure you're ready to go back before you do.

Good luck on your migraines going away.
    Cath
  • Please skip this next message and help the person who posted originally. This guy is a lunatic. I had to delete my whole thread because of him.
    Dear DS, I will follow you all over these boards tonight to protect my friends from your foul language and vile demeanor. So please my friends ignore this person and move on to what really matters around here until I find Paul. He's already been reported to Priestess. If you see anymore of his posts click the offensive button and report him.
  • This type of advice is dangerous and is a violation of Spine Health rules.
advertisement