Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What's next?

jay911jjay911 Posts: 540
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Pain Management
Well, it's been nearly 3 months since my Rhizotomy, and I'm in worse shape than before the procedure! I was pretty optimistic after the test injections because I did have some pain relief but the actual procedure has done nothing. In fact, I've had a couple days in the last week where I was almost unable to stand up from sitting in a chair, the pain was unbelievable! I also had to leave work early yesterday because I couldn't sit in my chair any longer!!

Anyways, I'll be going in to see the PM doc soon, I'm wondering what the next step will be after a failed Rhizotomy.

Happy New Year to all at SH, I hope the new year brings relief for everyone!
Jay
advertisement

Comments

• Jay , so sorry to hear that the procedure didn't work for you....it didn't work for me either and I ended up in more pain afterwards as well but I also still have some other spinal issues going on that contribute to the pain. It is hard to say what will come next because we are all so different and the doctors handle each case differently. Please keep us posted as to how you are doing and make sure that you let the doctor know exactly what has been going on and how this is impacting your life. The best of luck to you.....if I can ever help you with anything then just let me know...take care...Miki
  • Thanks Priestess, glad to hear others haven't had luck with the RF, I was pretty surprised when things continued to go downhill. I don't quite understand why it worked in the test injections but the real procedure didn't work at all. I guess the only thing I can come up with is that the doc missed one (or more) of the nerves. I am interested in knowing what others have done after RF failed. Like I posted in another thread I really like my PM doc and am fairly confident he'll come up with something, but with my pain increasing it is hard to keep everything in perspective :/