Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Leg pain caused by problem with footwear

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,899
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello,
I am a 45 year old male from Northern Ireland. I have been suffering from chronic pain in my left leg for the past 15 years and in my right leg for the past month. I don't feel like going into a lot of detail on this right now, suffice to say that I am certain that my pain was caused by wearing footwear that was too tight in the instep area (right below the leg), causing pain which eventually travelled right up each leg. I appreciate that this story sounds unlikely, and most of the people who have treated me for this condition over the years conclude that my pain could not have been caused in this way and is more likely to be due to a back problem.
I was reconciled to living with the pain in my left leg only up till about a month ago when the pain in my right leg started. Since then I have become very depressed and scared for my future. I would appreciate any advice from any members with whom any aspect of my case rings a bell.
advertisement

Comments

• :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i cannot help you with your problem but we do have chronic pain in common. ~X( please have a look around and make yourself at home. good luck as you seek pain relief! Jenny :)
  • I do have foot problems so I can appreciate how important it is to wear good shoes that fit properly. I am wondering if you have had xrays or an MRI? Maybe it would not hurt to rule out a spine problem rather than possibly risk permanent nerve damage? Good luck and please keep us posted.