Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Microdiscectomy

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi, I'm new to this site. I had a Lumbar Microdicsectomy six weeks ago and was recovering quite well. Was very mobile and pain was subsiding but about a week and a half ago I think I overdid it (helped push a car out of mud) and last week I've had really serious pain in lower back. Spoke to Dr and was told to lie down for few days. It seems to be worse longer I am still or in inactive. Anybody had this or heard of this. Any suggestions or advice. Would appreciate it. Thanks Andrew.
advertisement

Comments

• I had microD last December and did the same thing as you. My recovery was horrid right from the start (mine was radical, removed most of the disc that may be why). About 2 months in to recovery, I just was not thinking and helped my husband lift an extremely heavy birdcage over the lip of the door going to screened porch. Something that I did a million times and neither one of us thought about the fact that I was in recovery. I was in excruciating pain and just knew that I had ruptured what was left of that disc or another disc. I went to my doc who immediately assured me that I had not since the pain stopped at my knee and did not go all the way to my foot. I have arthritis in my facet joints and your facet joints are also effected after microD. My facet joints give me a fit if I am not feeling well and laying in bed too much. My advice is to follow docs orders and give it a little time. I was very surprised but my pain finally did subside. Good luck to you and please keep us posted.
    BTW- Have you tried ice 20 minutes on and 20 mninutes off on your lower back?