Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Need some kind of temporary relief

tonya42ttonya42 Posts: 810
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I have a new symptom that has magically appeared since my surgery was back in Oct. All of the numbness and tingling in my hand was on my left side so it wasn't all that bothersome before surgery. Now it's affecting my right hand and unfortunately I need it more than my left. The more I type the worse it gets. I'm on plently of pain meds and taking Valium during the day and Klonopin at night. Does anybody have anything natural that they have tried that worked? I have to get through this weekend before I can go back to the doctor. He suggested that I keep taking the Soma and Klonopin at night only and give it time to work. It's been 5 days now and the tingling is still tingling. Any advice? I've tried everything I could think of.
advertisement

Comments

• I have numbness in my hand sometimes and it helps when the arm is supported so if you're typing use a cahair with arms. If you're using your laptop put a pillow under your arm. Also heat pack helps me too. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • sorry computer problems
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I've been heating my back all day but it never occured to me to heat my hand. Thanks. And as I write this my right arm is on my arm rest on my recliner.
  • I'll recline my desk chair and rest my head. While my neck is supporting my head, of course the muscles get super tight. If I can take the stress of that and reduce it, then my hands and arms feel better

"C"
  • That must be why I'm able to type right now because I'm layed back in my recliner. That must be helping. Although by evening it seems to lessen on it's own which is really weird. Monday cannot come soon enough.
  • I've developed some new pain myself in my right leg. I never had right leg pain before, it was all left sided, bu tI find a heating pad works wonders. It doesn;t get rid of the pain, but it lowers it to a more tolerable level.

Hope this helps

• I have lived on a heating pad now every day since Oct. It's sort of a funny looking setup in my livingroom now. You walk in and the room is all nice and toasty warm and then you walk by me and freeze your behind off because I get sweaty with my back on this heating pad so I also have added a fan. :)))
advertisement