Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I'm home - weeeeee!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Got home this afternoon from my second fusion. Had it done on Tuesday. This one is most definately an improvement over the last, 7 year's ago. I've already been up more, eaten more, felt better than I did 3 weeks into the last one.

It hasn't been a walk in the park but bearable. Started to feel a little nauseous today for the first time, took half a phenegran and watched a little tv in an odd laying postion. Going back to the bed now. Will post more later.
advertisement

Comments

• Glad you're doing ok. That's good news! Keep us posted.
  • Hi

Take it slow for awhile.

Harry
  • So glad it went well and improvements have been made. I hope you take it easy and keep up the resting for a little while.

Stacey
  • Thanks all...how long should I wear these stockings? My doc or nurse didn't say anything.

The strange thing is you can watch all the BLT's yo want, but you have to do a little of that so judging how much is the issue.

I know I did specicially ask the doc from the hospital bed if reaching and stretching around to get a coke or whatever from the table was bad and he said no, I could do that.

Part of me says it's the SUDDEN and UNCONTROLLED BLT's they want us to watch the the most. His little sheet also says "if it hurts, stop"...well, I'd never get back in bed them.

Does this RX dosage seem adequate to everyone? And No, I'm not switching on the advise of other's here, I'm just new to this ms contin thing.

I am taking 1 -30 long lasting twice a day and then 1 - 15 mg one every 4-6 hours as needed. Even after an hour, pain is no better. Also just took a lyrica and zanaflex. Last night I was so frustrated because I got up about 8 times to pee, and it was only tonight when I had my daughter getting my normal meds did I realize they gave me my blood pressure bill last night. Oh yeah, good one, it's got a dierutic (sp?) in it, so I'm holding off til AM which is when I usually take it.
advertisement