Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I reached another goal....

TracyLynneTTracyLynne Posts: 599
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Good News
Since finally getting a diagnosis I could actually work with, my pain levels have been significantly reduced.

My son and his girlfriend were here over Christmas and wanted to go downhill skiing. They begged me to go with them, but I'm always hesitant...one fall could set me back for weeks or months, and I just can't afford that. In the end, it was a nice day, the runs were groomed and the sun came out, so I couldn't say no.

I managed to do five or six runs (with hot chocolate breaks in between, of course!!) and came home....it was awesome!!! It was a couple of hours I would not have been able to spend with my hubby and the kids, so it was the highlight of my Christmas holiday!! Yesterday was a tough day....lots of ice, heat and breakthrough meds, but I DID IT. It won't happen every weekend, but it's such a good feeling to do something that you have your heart set on!!

Tracy
advertisement

Comments

• Boy Tracy you certainly are doing well. Keep on checking off those things you want to accomplish!! Way to go!!!!!
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,722
    Tracy, I am so happy for you! I know that this 'accomplishment' has to rank up very high on your list of achievements.
    I am sure that just being with your children (no matter how old they are , they are still our children) just gave you such an adrenalin lift that you had to do it.
    Ok, now, its done, I am so happy for you, now, just dont go into any Ski Tournaments and mogal runs
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • That is the best thing I have heard in a long time!!! Way to go! Doing stuff like that is so liberating. Just no hand stand ...

Fantastic news!

"C"
  • Don't worry, Ron....I'm staying away from the mogul runs!! You're right; just to be out with "the kids" was awesome in itself!!

"C" - the handstand was a one time only thing....the tendinitis in my right arm is so bad right now that typing is about the best I can do!! :))(

Tracy
  • Tracy,
    Well done you, that strategy you used can be used for other things and having done it once gives you some knowledge understanding and evidence that as you say, you can do it again. Would the previous you thought this possible and that is a big step forward, as you say the good and bad days will still come and we all wish you well with you new newer goals.

John =D>
  • Way to go Tracy! =D> =D>
    I have found my inspiration for the day!
  • Only the people here can understand how good it feels to accomplish something when we've given up so much!!

I appreciate your encouragement and hope to hear that good things come to all of you, too!

Tracy
advertisement