Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello everyone

sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in New Member Introductions
:H Hi. My name is Debbie and I am a 42 year old female who suffers continuously with neck/shoulder pain and terrible never-ending headaches. My family is tired of my grumbling (even though they don't say it)so I'm hoping that people with common ailments will understand my pain. Thanks in advance.
advertisement

Comments

• You are at the right spot, people here can relate to your problems. Explore the various threads, and you will come across many good advises.

Take care,

Kin
  • I am like you at the beginning of my road to figure out what is causing my constant shoulder pain, arm pain and headaches. So far the dr's are just giving me a lot of medicine. I though this would be an easy thing...you find out what's wrong and you fix it, but apparently it doesn't work like that. It is hard to complain because our pain is on the inside and most of the time there's no "disfigurment" that would cause others to "see" your pain. I am trying not to complain to my co-workers b/c I can feel them roll their eyes when I walk away. At least I have a husband who has dealt with spine problems and he totally understands me. And I have this message board which has been so very helpful to me. Good luck! I hope you find relief soon.
  • first i am in canada so i guess that is why i get no answers

started here about 9 days ago

i had rhabdemylisis and then osteo my litis and then a nurse dropped me on the floor and broke my neck then the doctor fixed it

he showed me all the rods and screws

then they dissapeared so i can only figure the rod is loose in my head or back i am in a very strange kind of pain nauseated all the time terrible pain in head crying
    just very sick

now doctors say they never fixed my neck and the road is not missing because it was never there BUT i did see it on MRI who can help
    not like the old days when my mother was alive

i think i am dying but no one will listen any ideas

nancy in canada paralysed because of broken neck maybe you are answering but i cannot find any answers if you see any please tell me where
  • :H I promise you're going to love it here. Lots of people full of good information. This is a very active board and sometimes it's hard to keep up with everybody but you'll meet lots of great people here.
  • I am sorry that your post had been ignored. It has nothing to do with you being in Canada, we have people here from all over the globe, most of the time we don't even know where everybody lives. To go back to your question, where else did you post? Maybe you should try either the "Pain Forums" or the "Treatment Forums" threads. You sound to me like you are really suffering and I am truly sorry for that, I know that the Canadian health care system is different than here in the USA (I am a former Canadian and still have family there) but surely, somebody should be able to help you. Is there any social service agency you could contact or some group who act as patient advocates. You need help, and I sure hope you'll get it.

Please remember, that members of this forum are here for you to listen, offer advise (non-medical) and provide a shoulder to cry on.

Good luck and keep us informed.

Kin
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    Thanks for the welcome. I haven't had a lot of time to check out all the forums but from what I have seen I love it! The people here seem to really care and understand each other. I'll probably be here every chance I get. Thanks again.
    You sound about as frustrated as I feel! I was just telling my husband that it gets sooooo aggravating feeling like someone is pushing your head down between your shoulders. Do you have headaches wake you in the night? I do and I wonder if it is from my neck? Of course I also have them every day.I have an appt. with my neurologist Thursday. I'm hoping for good news. My mri showed spurs...the nurse called and told me that and that my dr wants to discuss it with me. Good news or bad? A cure or solution would be great wouldn't it? Hope you're having a good day.
    Thanks. I think I will like it here. Everyone seems so nice and caring. How are you doing? Sounds like you had a rough time...to say the least. Take care
    Sorry you are in so much pain. I hope you can find the answers to all your questions. These forums should help you. I'm sure if anyone here can give you any information or advice they will do so. Best of Luck
  • I am sorry to hear of your pain. I know that lots of times it is hard for people that do not suffer chronic pain to truly understand what it is like. Well, now you have found a new group of friends that will not mind your grumbling so feel free to come here any time for support and understanding.
    Thanks all of you seem so nice. I'm sure I can learn a lot here.
    Thats one reason I chose that name...I try to think that as long as I'm alive to see a sunny day I should count my blessings. Still, I do complain. Human nature I guess. Thanks for being here to listen. I hope that you're having a great day. Your problems do surely outnumber mine. Take care.
    Debbie :)
  • I am new here as well! I also feel like my friends and family don't understand and are tired of listening to me complain so I decided to turn to people that will understand. Take care.

Kelly
  • My name is Maggie and I, too, am new here. I guess I'm blessed in that my friends and family have been extremely understanding. But unless you've actually experienced it, I don't think you could possibly understand the magnitude of the pain and frustration and all the emotions in between. That's why I was so glad to find this family and so relieved they opened their arms to me. I'm looking forward to getting to know you better. Take care. -Maggie
advertisement